The Bobby Abreu Tracker Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 03, 2006, 12:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I just read this entire thread. It starts off well enough and Phreak seemed dedicated to tracking every Abreu at bat.....for about a week. Then a Schmidt/Robinson argument broke out for about 4 or 5 pages before sort of getting back to Abreu so it could slowly die.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 25, 2014, 12:08:14 AM
I just read this entire thread.

did you ever knooooooo that your my heeeeeeero.....

PhillyPhreak54

Haha holy shtein I forgot about this...nice pull.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Rome

BTW... I was reading the 2006 regular season thread.  Some of the comments in that thread are pure gold.  It's amazing how many regulars we've lost here since then, though.   Wow.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on January 25, 2014, 08:23:27 AMIt's amazing how many regulars we've lost here have been driven away by the hippos since then, though.   Wow.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Here's Abreu's career stats

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/abreubo01.shtml

His best years were clearly with the Phils. They did right by getting rid of him because it forced other players to step up. If he makes the team - which I don't think is far fetched since they need a left handed bat coming off the bench - he only needs 13 HRs to hit 300. He has 399 steals, and 2437 hits. So if he hits 13 HRs, gets 63 hits, and one steal, he could finish his career with 300 HRs, 400 SBs, and 2500 hits. Very good career numbers. Not the biggest Abreu fan but he was hitting really well in the Venezuela so these numbers might not be far fetched.

MDS

i went through this thread...the best part is rome pimping for sal fasano.

of all the stupid discussions/debate in phillies lore, fasano vs. lieberthal might top them all. SAL FASANO! who was never even a 3rd catcher that you could stash in AAA was being made into johnny bench. all because he had a vowel at the end of his last name and a stupid mustache. if his name was salvador fernandez or even sam fraiser no one would care.

white people.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

no you were saying how much he sucked

pg...sunmo...all them are all over fasano's italian italianess and greasy guido hair. it was disturbing.

ice grillin you

i knew i didnt....he was a pos

Quote from: MDS on January 25, 2014, 07:32:54 PM
no you were saying how much he sucked

pg...sunmo...all them are all over fasano's italian italianess and greasy guido hair. it was disturbing.

nooooooooooooo!!!

PhillyPhreak54

SD

zero doubt in my mind he eats Hoyda