2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rick White is in now and gives up back to back doubles to Rolen and Edmonds.

13-8.

BigEd76

If Flores had made a throwing motion or chased Victorino back to 3rd, it would have been a FC.  Maybe the scorer thought the latter is what happened, but it was just the momentum from running to the ball....

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 02, 2006, 11:12:47 PM
If Flores had made a throwing motion or chased Victorino back to 3rd, it would have been a FC.  Maybe the scorer thought the latter is what happened, but it was just the momentum from running to the ball....

To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised about the FC call other than the fact that it probably would have ended Utley's streak.  The pitcher seemed to take his sweet time looking at third before finally throwing to first.

Mind you, I'm glad it was called a hit, and I think it was the right call.  I just wouldn't have been surprised to see the FC call, other than for the importance of the at-bat.

Rome

Nice double play to end the Cards' 8th.

And yes, I agree, Rick White sucks.  He should be bouncing at a titty bar in South Philly, not pitching for the team who plays there.

BigEd76

3.5 out of the wildcard if they hold on for the win  :-D

PhillyPhreak54

Chase vs. Marquis tomorrow.

He ended JRoll's streak...

PhillyPhreak54

Jimmy hits his 2nd HR...a 3R shot!

16-8 now. :o

STL will have lost 6 in a row

SD_Eagle5

Rollins goes yard again, bums up 16-8

mpmcgraw

Hah you know Hancock is going to get high tonight after taking the ball of his leg like that.

QB Eagles

The Phils are burying that ass.

BigEd76

time for a legit hit, chase

i want a sweep tomorrow.  revenge for the opening series of the season  >:D

Eagles_Legendz

It's a hit.

It can't be a fielders choice without a throw. There is no way to argue it's not a hit.

"Fielder's Choice is the act of a fielder who handles a fair grounder and, instead of throwing to first base to put out the batter-runner, throws to another base in an attempt to put out a preceding runner."

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/definition_terms_2.jsp

Here's another part of the rule book:

A base hit shall not be scored in the following cases:

(d) When a fielder fails in an attempt to put out a preceding runner, and in the scorer's judgment the batter-runner could have been put out at first base.

NOTE: This shall not apply if the fielder merely looks toward or feints toward another base before attempting to make the putout at first base;

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Utley just got another base hit up the middle, so now there's no controversy.