2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

2 guys need to go on. since bell and loserthal and the ph will get out, its up the the big boys.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Put it this way... the odds of him keeping the streak alive are still better than the odds of him breaking DiMaggio's record were before today's game.  So, he's got THAT going for him, which is nice.

SD_Eagle5

Great production from our 3-4-5 hitters in the 8th. Break out the dustpans.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 06, 2006, 04:41:57 PM
id be surprised if hes ever had a 200 inning season and his career era has gotta be up around five or over

Is that about Lidle?

1.  Correct on never having 200+ innings.  He's had four over 180 (188 in 2001, 192 in 2002, 192.2 in 2003 and 184.2 in 2005).
2.  Incorrect on career ERA.  Lifetime ERA is 4.52.  Not great, but not over 5.00.

Cory Lidle Career Stats

SD_Eagle5

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 06, 2006, 05:57:26 PM
Point is he blows.

He is what he is.  An end of the rotation starter.

Unfortunately, the Phils' rotation seems to be full of them.  Leiber (perhaps a 3 on good rotations), Lidle (4/5), Franklin (5).  Or unproven young pitchers (Floyd and Madsen, for now).  Myers is a 2/3 as is (I'm still more hopeful than IGY).

FEARLESS HOMERTASTIC PREDICTION:  Madsen will be the #3 (possibly #2) by season's end.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 06, 2006, 06:01:19 PM
FEARLESS HOMERTASTIC PREDICTION:  Madsen will be the #3 (possibly #2) by season's end.

It's amazing what will be considered a fearless homertastic prediction now.  Just a few days ago, many of you were calling for the Phillies to make the World Series, which was completely laughable.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's up to Lieberthal to keep Jimmy's streak alive.

reese125

Im amazed that these scrubs cant get a F-in single to give J-RO a smidgin of a chance...unreal

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2006, 05:44:47 PM
Rollins with a double to extend the streak. My prediction is it won't last the week.

Am I a genius or what?

Post game analysis:

- Bell sucks
- Lieberthal sucks
- Lidle sucks

NGM

No silver lining to that farging travashamockery. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

reese125