farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

It was in one of the DMN writers blogs...see if I can dig it up later on.

PhillyPhreak54

Cowboys | Owens misses afternoon practice Thursday
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:25:14 -0700

Matt Mosley, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens (hamstring) missed the afternoon practice Thursday, Aug. 3, with what appeared to be a hamstring injury. Owens was on an exercise bike instead.

PhillyPhreak54

Cowboys MB fan report

QuoteNow for the TO outburst at yesterdays Practice

First at tues practice you could see BP jawing at TO as he was walking to the sidelines,TO turned and ran back on the field.

Now for the weds morning practice: TO runs a fly pattern and has Henry by a

step and Bledsoe underthrows him and Henry knocks it down. So T.O. comes to the sidelines and throws his hands up,not the firt time I seen him do this.

So T.O. goes back out 2 plays later and runs a great pattern and looses Henry and Bledsoe dumps it off. So OWENS COMES TO THE SIDELINES AND RIPS HIS HELMET OFF AND THROWS IT 20 YDS, after a alone tantrum, Bledsoe pats him on the rear and T.O. starts talking to JJ.

So far Bledsoe has undertrown him on a couple of occassions and he has not looked happy in his body motions. Stay TUNED

Diomedes

Reports of this kind of behavior are too good to be true.  They're like news that Bush killed himself on a jetski or something.   I'm not buying into it too much yet.  I hope he destroys that team and his career asap, but if this is it, there's a ways to go...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 03, 2006, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 02, 2006, 10:50:19 PM
QuoteMonday afternoon marked the first revelation of a chink in the Terrell Owens' armor.

Following a largely bit of unsuccessful 7-on-7 work, offensive assistant Todd Haley summoned his players over to another side of the field. Owens, however, did not join the group, choosing, apparently, to register his disgust by taking a knee alongside the defensive players.

And after practice, T.O. remains on the field for a looong time, first engaging in an animated conversation with Haley, and then meeting with Parcells to voice some additional opinions. No predictions of a coming disaster here; just
a chink in the armor, that's all.

Link? I only ask so I can e-mail the article to some cowboy loving douchebags I know.

It's actually on a pay site...one of the Scout sites. But heres the link to the thread on the Cowboys MB talking about it...

FARG DALLAS!

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFormer NFL lineman Kevin Gogan, appearing as a guest on WIP radio in Philadelphia, asked about his former 49ers teammate Terrell Owens: "Add water, he's an instant idiot."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cerevant

PLEASE let it be a tear...pleaseohpleaseohplease...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

bowzer

"The Dallas offense hasn't looked good the first week of training camp, mostly because of problems with the offensive line. Bledsoe also has said he needs to throw to Owens more to get their timing down, adding that he hopes to put in extra work with Owens after practices next week."

Problems with the oline... Bledsoe being 180 years old... TO with a hamstring injury... the pieces are certainly in place. 

Drunkmasterflex

TO is going to be interviewed on Dateline in a couple of minutes, it will be a gem I am sure.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyGirl

QuoteT.O. says he'll likely miss preseason opener
Associated Press

OXNARD, Calif. -- Terrell Owens said Monday his nagging hamstring injury likely will keep him out of the Dallas Cowboys' preseason opener Saturday night in Seattle.

Although an MRI taken Saturday showed no damage, Owens isn't taking any chances. He's having his healing-inducing hyperbaric chamber shipped to his training camp hotel room. Two trainers and a doctor from Atlanta are on their way, too.

"It's just a little sore," Owens said. "It's different. I've never really had it before so I don't know. I'm not worried about it; there's just no point right now. If I tried to really open it up, I may hurt it more, so we'll just see. It'll be OK."

Owens sat out a fifth straight practice Monday morning because of soreness that set in Wednesday. After the team left the field, he spent about 45 minutes catching balls from a machine, starting far away and taking a step closer after every one. He did the same drill on his knees, too.

On his way to the locker room, he was asked if he would play against the Seahawks and said, "I doubt it." He said he probably wouldn't practice the rest of this week, either.

T.O.'s status report on himself had to be news to coach Bill Parcells, who said "I don't know" in response to most questions about Owens' health during his daily news briefing.

"I know everything I need to know," he said. "Well, there's nothing more to know. Maybe not knowing exactly is all I'm capable of knowing at this point."

Owens talked to reporters on the field at the same time Parcells was holding his gathering on a nearby tennis court. When Owens finished, fans who'd waited him out began cheering, prompting Parcells to pause and look to see what all the commotion was about so long after the team's workout ended. Once they broke into shouts of "T-O! T-O!" Parcells finished the response he was giving.

Parcells said all his information about his new star receiver's health has come through the trainer.

"I haven't spoken with Terrell about it," Parcells said. "At some point, I will if I have to."

Parcells said that's how he always deals with injuries, even with players he's known for a long time.

Parcells said he didn't know when to expect Owens back. Asked if he had a deadline for T.O. to return to practice in order to use him against Seattle, Parcells said, "I haven't really thought about that, matter of fact, so I don't know."

The Cowboys tolerated Owens missing two practices Thursday and another Friday, then sent him for an MRI on Saturday. Players had Sunday off, so Monday was his first chance to get back on the field.

Instead, he was back on a stationary bicycle. Fellow starting receiver Terry Glenn joined him, although it was only because of blisters on both feet. Parcells said he expects Glenn to return Tuesday.

The Cowboys already were concerned about their depth at receiver, with question marks after third-stringer Patrick Crayton. They gave Freddie Mitchell -- Owens' friend and a former Philadelphia teammate -- a workout Sunday.

Dallas also made a roster move Monday, dropping fourth-string quarterback Jeff Mroz and replacing him with Matt Baker, a rookie from North Carolina who was released last week by Houston. Undrafted rookie linebacker Kai Parham also was released.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I never thought it possible but I actually feel bad for the Tuna.

:-D