farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Eagaholic

QuoteDallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused of sex assault; attorney denies

(CNN) -- A former exotic dancer has filed a lawsuit against Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, accusing him of sexual assault.

In the suit filed Monday in Dallas County, Jana Weckerly claims that Jones assaulted her in 2009 and that the Dallas Cowboys knew about and covered up the incident.

Weckerly is seeking "monetary relief of over $1,000,000," according to the suit.

Reaction from the Cowboys was swift.

Levi McCathern, an attorney representing the Cowboys, called the allegations "completely false" and "a shakedown."

"The legal complaint is unsupported by facts or evidence of any kind," McCathern said in a written statement. "This is nothing more than an attempt to embarrass and extort Jerry Jones."

Read the lawsuit

Weckerly's attorney says his client is in hiding. The suit claims that the 2009 incident caused the 27-year-old to fear for her life.

In the aftermath, the suit says, Weckerly has suffered depression, dealt with substance abuse and has attempted suicide.

The suit is not clear on exactly when the alleged assault occurred, saying it happened "sometime in May or June." But the suit alleges that the owner penetrated Weckerly with his fingers and forced her to touch his genitals without her consent.

McCathern pledged to fight the complaint. He added that law enforcement is now involved "due to the seriousness of these baseless allegations."

Filthy old man. Must be true, he likes to get his hands in everything.

BigEd76

Claiborne skipped practice and stormed out of the Cowboys facility after being told he's being replaced in the starting lineup by Scandrick. This happened a few hours after Jerrah told a radio station that Claiborne wasn't worth trading up to #6 for

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Old news now but should still be immortalized here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

At first I was annoyed the Texans let Dallas win in OT. But then I realized you can't have an 8-8 season without picking up some wins along the way. Btw, I lost track, whose turn is it in the division to beat dallas on the last day to knock them out of the playoffs?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on October 05, 2014, 06:15:16 PM
At first I was annoyed the Texans let Dallas win in OT. But then I realized you can't have an 8-8 season without picking up some wins along the way. Btw, I lost track, whose turn is it in the division to beat dallas on the last day to knock them out of the playoffs?

classic eagle fan post
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/going-to-the-game-on-the-14th-in-philly.302254/

QuoteSo, I came across a deal on tickets to go to the game in Philly on the 14th. Now, I will be making this trek from Toronto, I have heard mixed reviews of Lincoln Financial. Im wondering, if anyone on this board has gone there, and has any advice to keep me from getting myself, hospitalized lol

Quotei went in 2011 when we got annihilated by them. Never again. i was sitting directly behind the Eagles bench wearing my 88 throwback jersey, Jason babin (sp?) the linebacker for the eagles at the time, walked over and asked me if i was crazy. My girlfriend and i only stayed until shortly after halftime as the game was basically over at that time. Trying to get a cab was almost impossible and the cabs that did stop were charging over $100.00, i stayed at the four seasons which is maybe a 15or so min ride from the stadium, nowhere close to a $100 fee, so we opted for the subway... ill skip the antics that went on during the walk to the subway and fast forward to the HORDES of eagles fans rocking and shaking the subway to get to the conductor all because he was wearing a star on his hat. I guess the point of my story here is.. well.

MDS

all non texas-area cowboys fans should be murdered

that is all
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Whenever I read a story (and I used that term loosely) like that, I'm reminded of the movie, "Die Hard With A Vengeance" where Bruce Willis is forced to wear sign boards in Harlem declaring his distaste for the black folk.   If a white dood is going to stand on the corner in the middle of Harlem, he's probably going to catch the odd stare.  Maybe even some verbal abuse.  But if he stands there wearing a sign that says, "I hate stillupfronts!!" yeah, he's probably going to catch a wee bit more heat than that.

Bottom line... if you're going to wear a Cowboys jersey at the stadium of a rival, whether it's in Philly or New York or even Washington, be prepared to catch some verbal abuse.  But after you leave the relative comfort and security of a football stadium, go ahead and remove the goddamn jersey when you hit public transit.   Otherwise, you get what's coming to you.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 19s19 seconds ago

Just realized DeMarco Murray is more than halfway to 314 carries — which is what NFL leader LeSean McCoy had in 2013 — through 6 games.