I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

It is an unbearable stench though, you have to admit smoke stack.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I love the smell.  But then again, I smoked for 26 years, so yeah..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on August 09, 2012, 05:44:17 PM
It is perfectly legal--ours is an "at will" employment system--and a rapidly growing trend.   The anti-smoker witch hunt has been one of the most wildly successful public policy campaigns in modern history.

I get it that people hate smokers.  It's disgusting, smells, bad for your health, etc, etc.  I even get it if companies don't want to hire smokers.  We probably drive the insurance rates up. 

The thing that really gets me is the nicotine tests.  I used that e-cigarette for about 4 or 5 months a couple years back.  It was working well up until I deployed to South America and didn't have enough refills with me, so I started smoking cigs again and I never bothered ordering any refills when I got back.  Maybe someday.  Anyway, it's putting nicotine in my system but that's it.  No smell, no residue, no negative health impacts.  And I imagine if I were on the patch or chewing Nicorette gum or something that nicotine would also be put into my system.  So you're telling me that I'm not eligible for a job if I'm using a product with 0 tobacco in it?  That's bullshtein.   

Diomedes

Your desire for liberty is bullshtein.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it's a lost concept on the American public.

rjs246

Correction. Personal liberty is dead. But financial liberty (also known as the liberty to evade taxes and horde money from your less fortunate countrymen) is alive and well.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

its not that hard to not smoke

just dont be a white trash pos and stick cancer in your mouth.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I smoke in order to compliment my colorful tattoos. 

ice grillin you

every other monday off does not suck

imagine having memorial day weekend twice a month

now you are me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I pretty much stopped going to work about 2 months ago.  I call in every morning just to let them know I'm alive, but other than that I'd say I've spent maybe a combined total of 30 hours at work since June 1.  Of course, that well runs dry in 2 weeks so....yeah....

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Got approved for full severance today.  Gross is about 12k more than what I make in a year.  But after they tax the shtein out of it I get about 10k less than my annual salary.  I'm also selling back 45 vacation days which after taxes will come out to about 1 month salary.  And I'm doing a DITY move instead of having the govt pay for it.  Once you take off the cost of renting a UHaul truck and trailer, I'll get a check equal to approx 2-3 months of my salary. 

Also, farg work.  I'm heading east and staying in the apartment Ma Dukes has on the back of her farm house up near Bloomsburg.  Rent free.  Gonna farg around until after the holidays, maybe start working on that Willies finally, and collect unemployment.  So yeah, I'll def be looking to hit up a couple of Birds games this year, may even throw my hat into the New Orleans ring. 

hbionic

What about the Squaw?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 14, 2012, 11:39:22 PM
Got approved for full severance today. 

File your VA claim immediately as well. But remember the VA won't pay you a dime until equal to your severance pay is paid back. So if the VA approves you for $500 per month compensation and you got $30k as severance you aren't getting a comp check for 60 months.