Why Peyton Is A Fraud

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 15, 2006, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont think either of them are chokers...manning has run into better teams and mcnabb just isnt good enough

seriously if the eagles were in the afc they would have been hard pressed to win more than a playoff game or two this decade
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, but you can only play who is on your schedule.

And if Peyton and his boys can run it up during the regular season against the big, bad, brutal AFC why can't he get it done in the playoffs?

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2006, 09:23:05 PM
i dont think either of them are chokers...manning has run into better teams and mcnabb just isnt good enough

seriously if the eagles were in the afc they would have been hard pressed to win more than a playoff game or two this decade
The Colts dominated that entire AFC during the regular season though... only to fall flat on their faces right from the get-go come playoff time.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

they do run it up in the playoffs...in the last three years hes put up over 40 pts twice and over 35 three times...he just doesnt do it against superior teams such as new england and pittsburgh

and in those cases he has come up short...but lets not compare mcnabb to him

as for blasting away at peyton in general...fire in the hole...

Geowhizzer

For crying out loud...  :sly

I know you've been drumming this up for awhile, IGY, but this is just downright ridiculous.  Is McNabb worse than Theismann?  Simms?  Heck, Trent Dilfer even won a Bowl.  How can you say that McNabb isn't "good enough?"

Is he Montana, Marino, or Unitas?  No.  But what five QB's would you put over him right now?  Heck, if he isn't "good enough," you should be able to come up with ten.

QB Eagles

Calling Peyton a fraud is a bit much. Is he a big game choker? Absolutely, just like our QB. Is he a HOF quarterback and the best pure QB playing the game today? No doubt. Is he the best team leader? No, that's Tom Brady.

There's nothing fraudulent about the numbers Peyton has put up since coming into the league, and he's done it while being the de facto offensive coordinator as well.

ice grillin you

let me clarify....i think mcnabb is a good enough qb to win a sb...but hes not going to win one for you

with him you better have a sick defense...or a dominant oline/running game

PhillyGirl

He's a fraud, not because of his NUMBERS, but because of the type of "leader" he is....and the way he plays when the season is on the line.

He's built up by the entire world to be the best QB that ever played the game. He can't get it done, and then when he fails, he blames the others around him.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2006, 09:36:19 PM
let me clarify....i think mcnabb is a good enough qb to win a sb...but hes not going to win one for you

with him you better have a sick defense...or a dominant oline/running game

OK, name the QBs you'd rather have than McNabb.

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 15, 2006, 08:27:34 PM
A QB should NEVER EVER publicly call out his O-Line.  Ever.

That's for damn sure.  It's the same thing with that guy calling out McNabb.  In a team sport like football... you should never dog a player/group that you're so dependent on by the nature of your position.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

I am sick of the McNabb bashing that goes on in certain quarters of this board.  Without him, the Eagles suck ass.  Period.

So, please... shut the farg up about Donovan.

As for Manning, he proved again that when the chips are on the line, he folds about as bad as any so-called superstar I've ever seen.  They beat dat ass this year, yet when the playoffs roll around, he ends up overthrowing people and bitching about his offensive line at the postmortem presser.

I hope he's called out onto the carpet for tossing his boys under the bus like that.  But, of course, being the "golden" boy, he won't be.

jeffreyjpa

Even if your statement was correct, that would still put the Eagles about on a par with the three playoff wins Manning's Colts have had over his career so far:

1999  ten  L,16-19
2000  mia  L,17-23
2002  nyj   L,0-41
2003  den  W,41-10
2003  kan  W,38-31
2003  nwe  L,14-24
2004  den  W,49-24
2004  nwe  L,3-20
2005  pit    L, 18-21

As PG and others have pointed out, he also has a rather talented cast of supporting teammates in Edge, Harrison, Reggie Wayne, etc...while the list of superstars with which McNabb has played playoff games includes...um...TO, in one game...the one they lost last season.

So, while we can point out that Manning's offense put up wins while scoring 41, 38, and 49 points, they also put up losses where they scored 16, 17, 0, 14, 3, and 18 points...so, it can't really be blamed on the Colts never having a good defense.

I wouldn't call him a fraud, but his career is trending like Marino's...puts up a lot of stats, but conspicuously few meaningful wins. I'd tend to prefer to have the guy who wins meaningful games, unless I'm picking a fantasy football team.

MadMarchHare

I would just like to say, that I called this the day after the regular season ended.

Tony farging Dungy.   :-D
Anyone but Reid.

The BIGSTUD

Every year everyone is foolish enough to think the Colts will finally win it all. It won't happen with Manning and Dungy at the helm. Manning isn't the only one of that team that doesn't show up in big games. Dungy doesn't either. He's always gets out-coached in big games.

Manning is a better regular season QB than McNabb but not a better postseason QB. McNabb looks like Brady compared to Manning in the postseason. McNabb isn't a third the choker Manning is. If Manning's defense didn't play as well as they ddi today this game wouldn't have even been that close. They got nice pressure on Roethlisberger, and shut the running game down early. They also stopped drives the Steelers had when it was 14-0. The defense didn't let down, but Manning and the offense did. He got in rythm in the 4th when there was nothing to lose, but early on his passes were over/under thrown. He got happy feet like he always does in big games, and mad uncharacteristic passes. Plus that INT in the 4th was a crock of you know what to overturn.

Give me McNabb over Manning 16 games a year. You have a better chance to win with him, and that is all that really matters.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

LBIggle

it is a team game.

either way you want to mold it,  manning 0 rings, mcnabb 0 rings.