Mets Off-Season Thread

Started by DH, December 07, 2005, 11:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Matsui hopfeully will be shipped to Tampa in a deal for Dannys Baez, which would leave Boone, Hernandez and Keppinger to fight for the 2B.

Personally, I like the Boone signing. Omar said yesterday that he's not sure if Boone can come back and be productive, but why not bring in a guy with his track record and give him a shot? He'll probably eithe not make the roster or get cut midway through, but it's a good low-risk, high-return move.

As for the trade made yesterday, I have mixed feelings. I liked Jae Seo. Once he took down the stubborn wall, and listened to Peterson, he became a very, very good pitcher. But, Sanchez has a rubber arm and will be a great bridge to Wagner; hopefully along with Baez. Plus, Schmoll is a fantastic name.

BigEd76

Kris Benson traded to Baltimore for Jorge Julio.  Some people think it's a precursor to the Mets getting Zito...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mention of Kris Benson = excuse to post pics of her:

Feva

The Orioles are the happiest teammates in the world cuz now they get to try to get Kris to go after some tang on the side.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

thrillhouse

Almost baseball time..

Lets go METS!

PhillyPhreak54

BOOOOOOO!

Break a leg, Billy!

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

What kind of wvss pitcher can't pitch without the middle finger on his throwing hand?

PhillyPhreak54

Billy sprained a ligament in his middle finger from overextending it when he was flipping Philly the finger as he left.

8-12 weeks on the DL.

ice grillin you

What kind of wvss pitcher can't pitch without the middle finger on his throwing hand?

im sure he has no problem shoving it in his Hoyda
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Here's a story and pics of the new Mets Ballpark opening in 2009:

SD_Eagle5

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe Billy The Mouth will blow another one tonight. I hope so!

PhillyPhreak54

Carlos Beltran getting booed like hell again. They booed him after his 1st AB on opening day. Now he pops up and the boos rain down.