Main Menu

Bye Bye TO

Started by bowzer, November 07, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 18, 2005, 09:02:34 AM
Yeah, those offensive players sure loved Buddy Ryan and felt like he was on their side.  ::)

what makes you say they didn't?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

You don't take the guy out of the HC spot after one down year

its way bigger than their record or one down year...im not so naive to get rid of a coach because of one su 500 year...ive stated my many reasons why i believe he has to go in other posts so i wont do it again ill just say hes had plenty of chances to win this thing and he hasnt...its time for a change of scenery...tho im not comparing their accomplishments its akin in many ways to tampa getting rid of dungy and bringing in gruden
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i don't think that the players wanting TO back is as deep as IGY thinks.  I just think that they want the best possible team to try to salvage what's left for this year.

i'm sure there is some of the feelings towards Reid as the HC/GM that IGY thinks, but I don't think it's the driving factor in many players saying they want TO back.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 18, 2005, 09:01:32 AM
if you dont believe theres a good portion of the locker room that distrusts or plain dislikes andy because they associate him with the front office and the front office has a reputation of strong arming players then youre blind

youre also blind if you dont believe a large portion of the locker room believes that they should have just paid TO back in the spring and gotten this out of the way...but that they are to cheap to do that and its their fault

this is one of the problems with having the coach as gm...its one of the reasons buddy ryan was beloved...same thing with parcells...it cant be underestimated how important it is to have your players feel as though their coach is on their side...and i dont believe that exists in the eagle locker room...which is probably the biggest reason andy gotta go

I agree with the HC/GM issue. And I do think that some players don't dig it and look at Andy as the guy who is keeping them from gettin paid. That's why I was not and still am not a fan of the dual roles for NFL HC's.

PhillyPhreak54

Golic just said that "many players want TO back but one guy who definitley does not want him back is Donovan McNabb".

And they also said that the lobby at the Airport Marriot right now is a frickin zoo...

ice grillin you

wip is now reporting that reid wants TO back but banner and lurie are not letting him do it

fwiw to me its just lip service trying to salvage reid in the locker room

now they are also saying reid is refusing to go to the hearing

SunMo

oh boy...

if AR is the head honcho of football operations, whouldn't it be his call to bring TO back or not?  i thought Banner took his cues from AR?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 18, 2005, 09:10:58 AM
wip is now reporting that reid wants TO back but banner and lurie are not letting him do it

fwiw to me its just lip service trying to salvage reid in the locker room

now they are also saying reid is refusing to go to the hearing

Did they say why he is refusing to go?

Maybe because he disgaree with Banner and Lurie?

Trotter said that Andy loves TO and cares a lot for him so maybe there is some truth to it?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 18, 2005, 09:12:37 AM
oh boy...

if AR is the head honcho of football operations, whouldn't it be his call to bring TO back or not?  i thought Banner took his cues from AR?

Thats how I see it too...

But it's gotta be that Banner and Lurie are hot about the "classless" comment and calling Boyko a liar.

This is interesting in that train-wreck kind of way.

SunMo

when did the Boyko comment happen?  i missed that one.

PhillyPhreak54

Wingo, Greenburg & Golic are saying that the hotel staff and even the chef have to be used as security at the hotel now because it is so nuts there....

SunMo

they should've kept it at the Nova Care so they could control who can get in the gates.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 18, 2005, 09:14:26 AM

When he did the infamous rip job interview on ESPN. He never said Boyko's name but he said "the head PR guy" and that is Boyko. He said that his publicist spoke to him and Boyko told her that the team does not recognize indivdual achievements and TO said "that's a lie".

ice grillin you

Did they say why he is refusing to go?

they arent saying why

i cant believe this is andy vs banner/lurie...i think its damage control in the locker room...and a very smart thing to do

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 18, 2005, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 18, 2005, 09:14:26 AM

When he did the infamous rip job interview on ESPN. He never said Boyko's name but he said "the head PR guy" and that is Boyko. He said that his publicist spoke to him and Boyko told her that the team does not recognize indivdual achievements and TO said "that's a lie".

oh ok, right.  i remember that.  that was another case TO spouting off without knowing whats going on.