SIXERS 2005-2006 SEASON THREAD

Started by PhillyGirl, October 07, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

AI averaged 7.9 assists per game last year and has a 6.0 assist per game average throughout his career, half of which has been spent playing the 2.  Yes, he takes a gazillion shots during the game but he's always been a pretty good distributor.  Also, since 2000-01 his apg average has been steadily on the rise which says to me the older he gets the more he's learned that he can't do it all on his own. 

MDS

I forgot about Tyrone Hill and Derrick Coleman. It's a shame those two point machines didn't get their shots cause Iverson is a ballhog.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 16, 2005, 12:26:06 PM
The Sixers will never win a damn thing with a 6' gunner as the focal point of the team.

I've been saying that shtein for years and have been insulted, belittled and berated for saying it by Iverson fluffers and apologists.

If Iverson ever decides to get his teammates involved in the game, they'll be a better unit.  He's never shown the least bit of interest in doing so, so why would any of you assume that they're going to be a better team now?  What, all of a sudden because Mo Cheeks is the coach, you think Iverson will have an epiphany and realize that defense, practice, and team play is what makes a team championship contenders?

How sad for all of you.   :-D

You talkin' about practice?

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2005, 12:54:27 PM
I forgot about Tyrone Hill and Derrick Coleman. It's a shame those two point machines didn't get their shots cause Iverson is a ballhog.

keep apologizing for him, it's cool.  you'll be the one dissapointed at the end of every season he plays in when they don't win anything, most of us will already have known what was going to happen.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

WEST is GOD

You think the Sixers not winning titles is because of AI? Last time I checked the following team players haven't won anything either:

KG, Amare, Nash, Dirk, Lebron, Wade, Pierce, Kidd, Mcgrady, Jermaine Oneal, Ray Allen, etc.

The Sixers don't win because other teams are flat out better. You think if AI got his teammates more involved last year they beat a Pistons team who took the Spurs to 7 games? Please. The only reason the Sixers won a fargin game in that series is because of AI.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MURP

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 16, 2005, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2005, 12:54:27 PM

keep apologizing for him, it's cool. you'll be the one dissapointed at the end of every season he plays in when they don't win anything, most of us will already have known what was going to happen.

find me a realistic 76er fan who says they are winning the NBA championship this year. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 16, 2005, 03:49:20 PM
You think the Sixers not winning titles is because of AI? Last time I checked the following team players haven't won anything either:

KG, Amare, Nash, Dirk, Lebron, Wade, Pierce, Kidd, Mcgrady, Jermaine Oneal, Ray Allen, etc.

The Sixers don't win because other teams are flat out better. You think if AI got his teammates more involved last year they beat a Pistons team who took the Spurs to 7 games? Please. The only reason the Sixers won a fargin game in that series is because of AI.

Couldn't agree more.  This year is the first year where I've liked the talent surrounding AI heading into the season.  It's not the best talent in the league but I think it's the best talent the Sixers have had to start a season since drafting AI. 

The bottom line is that the Sixers haven't won isn't because they've had AI.  They haven't won because all they've had is AI.  Even Jordan had Pippen.  Shaq had Kobe (or vice versa).  I think with Webber and the other AI on the floor the Sixers have a pretty decent team this year.  Not NBA Championship calibre but that's not because of Iverson.  That's just because there are quite a few teams out there who are flat out better. 

MDS

Shut up. You're wrong. It's all Iversons fault. He shoots too much and Ira Bowmen and Gerald Honeycut shoot too little.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2005, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: TO is GOD on October 16, 2005, 03:49:20 PM

Couldn't agree more.  This year is the first year where I've liked the talent surrounding AI heading into the season.  It's not the best talent in the league but I think it's the best talent the Sixers have had to start a season since drafting AI. 

The bottom line is that the Sixers haven't won isn't because they've had AI.  They haven't won because all they've had is AI.  Even Jordan had Pippen.  Shaq had Kobe (or vice versa).  I think with Webber and the other AI on the floor the Sixers have a pretty decent team this year.  Not NBA Championship calibre but that's not because of Iverson.  That's just because there are quite a few teams out there who are flat out better. 

Also only 3 teams won titles in the last 7 years. Spurs, Lakers, Pistons.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Sgt PSN

Only 5 teams if you go all the way back to 1991 so you can add the Bulls and Rockets to that list.  Of course, that's probably AI's fault too.  Well, either him or TO. 

BigEd76

Only 6 teams since the 76ers won in 1983....

Celtics
Rockets
Lakers
Pistons
Bulls
Spurs

Sgt PSN

I think that's part of the reason why the NBA has fallen so far in terms of popularity.  Granted, the (lack of) ability for players to hit a mid range jumper has also contributed to their downfall but the lack of parody in the league is probably a big reason as well.  Only 6 teams winning the title in the last 22 years is insane. 

MDS

And one team won because they had the basketball version of Jesus.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2005, 06:40:43 PM
I think that's part of the reason why the NBA has fallen so far in terms of popularity.  Granted, the (lack of) ability for players to hit a mid range jumper has also contributed to their downfall but the lack of parody in the league is probably a big reason as well.  Only 6 teams winning the title in the last 22 years is insane. 

Personally, I think that the league is FULL of parody.  In fact, the NBA has become a parody of itself in recent years.

Now, if you meant parity, then I agree completely.  ;D

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 16, 2005, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2005, 06:40:43 PM

Personally, I think that the league is FULL of parody. In fact, the NBA has become a parody of itself in recent years.

Now, if you meant parity, then I agree completely. ;D

Da gramr po-lese iz out in full fors 2day.  :flipoff

But yes, PARITY is what I meant.