Phillies season 11

Started by MURP, October 01, 2005, 10:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Dillen37 on October 02, 2005, 04:53:41 PM
Lidge said farging on TV. Only the word that gets converted to farg. :-D

So did about 300,000 people in the greater Philadelphia area.

Eagles76ersFan

For the first time, I just got that same awful feeling that I had when Joe Carter hit the homerun.  :'(

SD_Eagle5

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles76ersFan on October 02, 2005, 04:59:11 PM
For the first time, I just got that same awful feeling that I had when Joe Carter hit the homerun.  :'(

Really? Those guys were lovable overachievers. This squad is, mostly, a bunch of underachievers. Frankly, I'd rather the Eagles win today than the Cubs. Unfortunately it looks like I might not get either.

MDS

Well time to lock this puppy up and move on to the offseason.

2 good things about the season being over:
1) No more Wheels
2) No more Marzano
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles76ersFan

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 02, 2005, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: Eagles76ersFan on October 02, 2005, 04:59:11 PM

Really? Those guys were lovable overachievers. This squad is, mostly, a bunch of underachievers. Frankly, I'd rather the Eagles win today than the Cubs. Unfortunately it looks like I might not get either.

Without a doubt, I would of rather had the Eagles lose today and the Cubs win. I hate Charlie Manuel, I hate Ed Wade, and I even hate half of the team but I would of done anything to see them in the playoffs.

PhillyPhreak54

:'(

Well...the bright side to this is we get to see if Wade is canned.

MDS

Wade will be safe. I just have that feeling.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Geowhizzer

And here dies another Phillies season...

A baseball season dies a slow and painful death
In the painful clutch of death's boney arms
A year given to misery and despairing dreams
To wheeze and surrender at doom's final alarm

WEST is GOD

So is the baseball season finally over for the Phillies?

Thank goodness. Now we can focus on football and hockey(real sports).
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

stillupfront

C'mon.....it was a great month of baseball. So we are out. Big farging deal. Sure if we take 2 out of 3 from the Mets last week we are in, but the Phils played their asses off the last month and I had a blast following it. Can't wait for the hot stove league this winter to see how we will try to get over the hump. I am deadly serious. To see the Phil's home grown talent moving them ahead the way they are maKES ME HOPEFUL YEAR AFTER YEAR.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: stillupfront on October 02, 2005, 09:38:36 PM
C'mon.....it was a great month of baseball. So we are out. Big farging deal. Sure if we take 2 out of 3 from the Mets last week we are in, but the Phils played their asses off the last month and I had a blast following it. Can't wait for the hot stove league this winter to see how we will try to get over the hump. I am deadly serious. To see the Phil's home grown talent moving them ahead the way they are maKES ME HOPEFUL YEAR AFTER YEAR.

What eats me is that if they take 1 out of 6. just ONE FREAKING GAME against the Astros, we're watching playoff baseball for the first time in 12 years.

ONE LOUSY GAME!  :boom

It was a fun month, though.

SD_Eagle5

I was glad they made it interesting, but in the end it's the same old story with them.  :boo

It's like watching a good movie and the hero gets killed at the end for no reason.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 02, 2005, 09:43:12 PM

I was glad they made it interesting, but in the end it's the same old story with them.  :boo

It's like watching a good movie and the hero gets killed at the end for no reason.

Yeah, but you expect the hero to get killed because he was killed in the previous ten installments of the franchise.