SI.com: Pre Season Rankings - Eagles #5

Started by Beermonkey, August 30, 2005, 07:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

T.O.'s going to join Robert Redd on defense tonight.  What a team player!

Tomahawk

Why does everybody, specifically Dr. Z (douchebag), insist the Eagles would not have made the Super Bowl without Owens. If I'm not mistaken, the Eagles made three consecutive championship games without him, and he certainly didn't help win a single playoff game last season.

To say the Eagles would not have made the playoffs without T.O. is downright ludicrous.

phattymatty

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 01, 2005, 03:55:31 PM
Why does everybody, specifically Dr. Z (douchebag), insist the Eagles would not have made the Super Bowl without Owens. If I'm not mistaken, the Eagles made three consecutive championship games without him, and he certainly didn't help win a single playoff game last season.

To say the Eagles would not have made the playoffs without T.O. is downright ludicrous.

well his 1200 yards and 14 Tds were a bit of a help in getting there

he basically played the entire regular season.

rjs246

Two main points:

the Eagles made three consecutive championship games without him,

and he certainly didn't help win a single playoff game last season.

they got that far without him before. Homefield advantage twice, NFCCG thrice, all of the playoofs last year without him.

He helps, but the team will do fine withouthim after he's gone next season.

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

WEST is GOD

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Yeah well he didn't win the farging thing for us last year either, so with or without him, we're 'fine.'

Everyone hanging on his jock makes me want to burn shtein.

Let them eat bootstraps.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: rjs246 on September 01, 2005, 04:08:28 PM
Yeah well he didn't win the farging thing for us last year either, so with or without him, we're 'fine.'

Everyone hanging on his jock makes me want to burn shtein.

To TO's credit, he just came off a broken leg. If he was 100% healthy at least one of those big catches would've been taken to the house. That gives us a parade right there.

With him we are great. Without him we are fine. Fine doesn't win you titles. Greatness does.

I think the Eagles know this and highly value TO on this team. A lot more than people think. They are doing so much for this guy right now to make him feel comfortable. They don't do this kinda stuff for many other players. I think the Eagles know TO is absolutely crucial to their title hopes. We'll see how he plays this season.

Tomahawk

Quote from: phattymatty on September 01, 2005, 04:01:57 PM

well his 1200 yards and 14 Tds were a bit of a help in getting there

he basically played the entire regular season.

The Eagles are undoubtedly a better team without Owens. He was the difference in winning most games by double digits as opposed to some of the games being a little closer.

Irregardless, I may be a little biased as I think Owens is a motherfarging meatciclesucking cornhole packing douchebag.

SunMo

Quote from: Monster on September 01, 2005, 04:09:53 PM

To TO's credit, he just came off a broken leg. If he was 100% healthy at least one of those big catches would've been taken to the house. That gives us a parade right there.

IF a lot of things would've happened, they would've won.  There's no guarentee he could've scored if he hadn't ever gotten hurt though. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Of course we're a better offense with him. But I believe 100% that we could win a superbowl with or without hm and for an Eagles fan to believe that we couldn't doesn't make sense to me. This team has proven over and over again under Reid that no one player makes or breaks the team. Even when McNabb, unquestionably the most important player on the team, went out we went 4-1 and locked up hfa.

Philly fans (myself included) are starting to get into panic mode. We've had 4 legit shots and missed on all four. Everyone's looking for that one thing to push us over. You know what I think? There is no one thing. Add Tomlinson to the team. Add the best linbackers, Tackles, Tight End and and #2 Wr in the history of the world and this team still operates the same way. Take away some key components and this team patches up the hole and does what its supposed to do. If TO is on the team the offense is better. If he isn't we still have a legit shot. It's stupid to put so much emphasis on one player.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 01, 2005, 04:10:23 PM

The Eagles are undoubtedly a better team without Owens. He was the difference in winning most games by double digits as opposed to some of the games being a little closer.

Irregardless, I may be a little biased as I think Owens is a motherfarging meatciclesucking cornhole packing douchebag.

So doesn't winning by more points mean the team is better?

I'm not saying we wouldn't have made it without him, but to say they're better without Owens is the ludicrous part.

Those 2 sentences you just wrote make no sense being put back to back.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 01, 2005, 04:14:52 PM
Quote from: Monster on September 01, 2005, 04:09:53 PM

IF a lot of things would've happened, they would've won.  There's no guarentee he could've scored if he hadn't ever gotten hurt though. 

I'll give you a guarantee:

The Eagles wouldn't have scored more than 10 points against the Pats if TO wasn't on the team. That is a guarantee. I really don't want to hear about the Eagles being fine without him. Are you guys honestly content with not winning a Superbowl every year? I crave one so bad. Being fine isn't good enough for me. I want to overwhelm and crush every opponent. I want my team to be insanely great. With TO we are not as good, and that is not good enough. We need to be the absolute best we can be.

The Pats could cut Dillon tomorrow and tell everyone that they won 2 Superbowls without him and they are fine. It is the exact same thing. Everyone knows that is absolutely ridiculous though and that it hurts their title chances big-time. The NFC isn't going to stay this bad forever. The Eagles aren't going to be worlds better than every NFC team forever. TO is important, and much more important than a lot of people give him credit for. I think his childish behavior really made some people sour to the point where they don't value his skills as much as they should. Watch 2004 game tape. Did you guys forget how amazing TO was?

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on September 01, 2005, 04:17:31 PM
Of course we're a better offense with him. But I believe 100% that we could win a superbowl with or without hm and for an Eagles fan to believe that we couldn't doesn't make sense to me. This team has proven over and over again under Reid that no one player makes or breaks the team. Even when McNabb, unquestionably the most important player on the team, went out we went 4-1 and locked up hfa.

Philly fans (myself included) are starting to get into panic mode. We've had 4 legit shots and missed on all four. Everyone's looking for that one thing to push us over. You know what I think? There is no one thing. Add Tomlinson to the team. Add the best linbackers, Tackles, Tight End and and #2 Wr in the history of the world and this team still operates the same way. Take away some key components and this team patches up the hole and does what its supposed to do. If TO is on the team the offense is better. If he isn't we still have a legit shot. It's stupid to put so much emphasis on one player.

dood, we're gettin' Tomlinson?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.