Eagles Expected To Romp Again In NFC East - Who Knew?

Started by Rome, August 30, 2005, 01:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on August 31, 2005, 09:34:10 AM
I'm sure the DC Examiner has more accurate stats than a football statistics web site.

:-D :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

There is a lot more to being a good Olineman than just sacks given up.   You could take the worst Olineman in the NFL max protect with RB's and slide protection to him all day long and he may never "give up" a sack. 

PhillyPhreak54

Isn't STATS Inc. the official stat-keep for the NFL (and MLB too)?

Yeah, I thought so.

Larry

Who cares how many sacks Samuels gave up?  90% of the taterskins passing plays were 3-step, 5-yard outs.  Antone Davis could look good doing that.
More Mahe please.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Larry on August 31, 2005, 09:37:34 AM
Who cares how many sacks Samuels gave up?  90% of the taterskins passing plays were 3-step, 5-yard outs. Antone Davis could look good doing that.

GF...we need a new filter.

May I suggest, "Fat ass waste"?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Larry on August 31, 2005, 09:37:34 AM
Who cares how many sacks Samuels gave up?  90% of the taterskins passing plays were 3-step, 5-yard outs.  Antone Davis could look good doing that.

:-D

Good point about the "deep" passing game by Joe. I loved watching those 8-yard outs on 3rd and 14.

hkHog

Quote from: MURP on August 31, 2005, 09:36:00 AM
There is a lot more to being a good Olineman than just sacks given up.   You could take the worst Olineman in the NFL max protect with RB's and slide protection to him all day long and he may never "give up" a sack. 

Try the next line in the article:

QuoteEverything returned for Samuels last year as he allowed only two sacks. He had more pressure on him as the taterskins would send extra blockers to the right side, compensating for the loss of tackle Jon Jansen.

Yeah, and I'll give you that on the Stats website, I just remembered reading this article so I dug it up.  I'm sure I read somewhere else that said he gave up one.  I don't know why the stats would be different.

RezRob

Ice-Grillin

Quote... portis ran for big yards...he just didnt have a lot of scores because of brunells incompententcy in getting the team anywhere remotely close to the end zone...also gibbs made a mistake of trying to force the counter trey down his teams throat...once he abandoned that portis started playing huge again...

How were they gonna get down the field whan all Gibbs would call were 5yd hitches? The 4-skins offense was an embarrasment last year. He was a great coach in his day, but he obviosly lost it. For you to say that QB issues are all thats holding them back
Quote...only thing really seperating them and the birds is the huge discrepency at the qb position
is like saying water is the only reason the Titanic sunk. They still need a QB and Gibbs doesn't like or trust his. So everyone can play short coverage and stuff 8-9 in the box. Please explain how their defense is in our class. Yeah they got some stars, but overall it's not as close as you want to portray. Now admit your retardedness and repent at the feet of Big Red, and Jim Johnson.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

ice grillin you

phreak how do you get access to stats inc...its not a free site is it???
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hkHog

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the part I linked is free, bro.

I do not see a pay option on there, so I don't know if they have another separate pay site or not. I assume they do because there are a TON of stats that they do not have on that link I put in here. They get really in-depth so I wonder if they do have a pay site or one only available to the media and teams?

MURP

Quote from: hkHog on August 31, 2005, 09:41:29 AM

QuoteEverything returned for Samuels last year as he allowed only two sacks. He had more pressure on him as the taterskins would send extra blockers to the right side, compensating for the loss of tackle Jon Jansen.

Yeah, and I'll give you that on the Stats website, I just remembered reading this article so I dug it up. I'm sure I read somewhere else that said he gave up one. I don't know why the stats would be different.

yeah, im gonna read real deep into an article that cant even product the correct stats for a player.  :-D