A Whole New Level

Started by Drunkmasterflex, August 20, 2005, 01:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Today my love for the Eagles have officialy reached insane levels.  On Thursday September 1 I am getting the Eagles logo tatooed on my chest.  It is going to be pretty damn big I am on doing the black outline with a green eye.  Feel free to make fun of me now.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

TexasEagle

Were you drunk when you made this decision? Just wondering.

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: TexasEagle on August 20, 2005, 03:13:16 PM
Were you drunk when you made this decision? Just wondering.

No, just always wanted to do it. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

TexasEagle

How big is it going to be? Like shoulder to shoulder big?

Zanshin

Always thought about doing that, not that I'm much of a tat guy....but I figured that once I did, it would pretty much lock in a move to L.A. for the Birds.  So you have my inkless body to thank for the Eagles remaining in Philly.  You're welcome.

Father Demon

I've been giving some serious thought to the icon....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: TexasEagle on August 20, 2005, 04:15:50 PM
How big is it going to be? Like shoulder to shoulder big?

No, but it will cover a good portion of my chest.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on August 20, 2005, 06:04:19 PM
I've been giving some serious thought to the icon....

That would be awesome. :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead

Susquehanna Birder

Awesome and sad at the same time.

Sgt PSN

I've got the Eagles head tattooed on my calf.  It's a little bigger than the Eagles head you would find on a baseball hat.  Had it for a few years now. 

Father Demon

Seriously, I'm thinking (and have been thinking for about a year now) of a small Eagles head on my upper chest.  Probably about 2" x 2" or so.....   

I am SOOOO glad I held off on this tattoo in my youth:

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

I've got two tattoos.  Third one--the standard heart and banner "Mom" flash--is scheduled for Sept. 24th. 

I would however suggest that you think again.  Not saying don't do it--how could I?--just think hard on it.  It's a logo for a big corporation which gives two shteins about the fans at the end of the day.  It's about money, and money only.  You want that on your body?

I pledge allegiance to the Eagles as well, but only so far.  Anyway, just saying.  If you get it, post pics!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Diomedes on August 20, 2005, 11:21:19 PM
I've got two tattoos.  Third one--the standard heart and banner "Mom" flash--is scheduled for Sept. 24th. 

I would however suggest that you think again.  Not saying don't do it--how could I?--just think hard on it.  It's a logo for a big corporation which gives two shteins about the fans at the end of the day.  It's about money, and money only.  You want that on your body?

I pledge allegiance to the Eagles as well, but only so far.  Anyway, just saying.  If you get it, post pics!

This isn't something that I have decided on a whim I've thought about it for a long time.  The whole coporation doesn't concern me.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on August 20, 2005, 11:21:19 PM
I've got two tattoos. Third one--the standard heart and banner "Mom" flash--is scheduled for Sept. 24th.

I would however suggest that you think again. Not saying don't do it--how could I?--just think hard on it. It's a logo for a big corporation which gives two shteins about the fans at the end of the day. It's about money, and money only. You want that on your body?

I pledge allegiance to the Eagles as well, but only so far. Anyway, just saying. If you get it, post pics!

Have you ever bought any Eagles hats, jerseys, keychains, etc?  If so, then you've helped line the pockets of the evil corporation that doesn't care about you.  When I paid $70 to get my Eagles tat the only person to make any money off it was the guy with the ink. 

Just saying that if you think about it, maybe getting a tat is a little more logical than buying team merchandise.  That way you can support the team without making the people who run the corporate side of things any richer.  ;)