World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Plane leaves in 4 hours....

comped room at NYNY and another Vegas weekend.  :yay

Diomedes

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 17, 2010, 03:28:53 PM
Medalla all day

drank lots of Medalla Light....ain't no straight up Medalla though.  Did that ever exist, or has it always been a light beer?

Boqueron, Playa Buye, Playa Jobos, Playa Sucia, good times.

don't miss the weekend only restaurants at Lago dos Bocas either, that was cool
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

I think they only have Medalla light, its not bad when its ice cold.  Did you have 10oz'ers?  They were like shots of beer.  Sounds like you got the real city feel, wouldnt mind doing that next time.  We did the Wyndam deal, while fun, we never ventured out beyond getting beer at some joint down the roads. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I saw like four other white people the whole time.   Everyone I met was cool, it was a good time. 

I wish they'd clean the farging place up though.  What the hell is wrong with people who live in such beautiful places trashing it all up.  You live in Baltimore and throw your trash out the car window, sure I think you should be shot dead, but I can kind of understand it..I mean, it's farging Baltimore, not Playa Montones.  Doesn't stop those fargers, it's trash heaven there, just like every other goddamned island.

It wasn't until I went deep into Karst country before I finally saw some pristine, unlittered Puerto Rican natural beauty. 

If you like a very chill quiet, jungle like environment, go stay at TJ Ranch for a couple nights.  Closest thing I've found to heaven yet.  Dope ass hosts, impeccable food, beautiful quiet place.  Coqui symphony at night, cliffs, just fanstastic.

Ponce was alright, kinda empty.  Some very cool buildings.  Like, 8 of them.  Mayaguez, meh.  I should probably explore that town more.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

yeah, its sad when you're out on the beach and all types of shtein is on the beach.  Plastic mostly.  They need learn how go recycle.  We were over in Rio Grande.  It wasnt a long enough trip at all, next one were going for more and more of the island. 

mussa

how did the women look? pics?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

honestly, not good.  a fistfull of butterfaces and a whole lot of diabetes patients

PhillyPhreak54

So I was stranded in Peru this morning by Continental. Not that it sucks too much, other than missing a couple of meetings I had scheduled for this afternoon, but it was a long ass night.

We got to the airport at 830 for my 1130 flight. I checked my bag, paid the departure tax ($31 to leave the country) and threw down some Peruvian grub while waiting to head out. Made it through the long security and immigrations and found out we'd be leaving 45 minutes late.

That 45 minutes is expected because the IAH-LIM routes are always late.

But that 45 turned into 2 hours. That 2 hours turned into 2 more hours and so on.

We got a $16 meal voucher. Yay!

Then they started re-booking people. I grabbed a seat on tonights flight and by the time I got "home" it was 6am. I thought my contacts were going to become one with me.

Sgt PSN

Greetings from Manzanillo, Mehico. It's farging humid as hell down here. No cover + $2 beer at the strip club ftw.  We're in port down here for a farging week too.  Nice. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on June 16, 2010, 07:00:39 PM
Don't get mudbuttdick.

Something that should have been brought to his attention YESTERDAY

Rome

Good thing there's a 12 hour time difference.

PhillyPhreak54

Donkey show, hookers and $2 beers. Livin the high life en Mexico.