World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The impending ice went tomorrow is funny to me. The guys in our Dallas office are freaking out about it. One of our truck drivers has to go there tomorrow and he's worried.

It's been warm for awhile and the ice isn't gonna stick on the roads. Too warm. But these guys are planning for a day off.

ice grillin you

when i was like 8 i went to the cotton bowl in dallas when doug flutie played houston (my uncle is an alum) and there was an ice storm too....i guess its a place that gets just cold enough for ice but not cold enough for snow....all i know is we wer underdressed like a motherfarger and so cold....def lucky i didnt have to have a few digits amputated after that game...my toes were literally green when i got back to the hotel room
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 06, 2013, 08:03:14 AM
.i guess its a place that gets just cold enough for ice but not cold enough for snow

1993 Thanksgiving game says hi.

One of my best friends is from the Dallas area (Grand Prairie). They get "some" snowfall just about every year, but very rarely does it stick.  I spent Turkey day with his family 4 times and twice there were some flurries over the weekend.  But it def gets cold there. Winter temps are in the 30s and overnight dips into the 20s/high teens.

SD

Flight was cancelled so I'm stuck in Dallas until tomorrow assuming that flight doesn't get cancelled too. Flyers/stars game was cool even though the flyers suck. People are really friendly. Not as many rednecks with accents as I thought there'd be. Thought the city would be a little more Dallas Cowboys crazy...they seem pretty passive. Lot of nice looking women.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

March Madness in Vegas  :CF style

March 20-23rd are the games.

I will likely get into town late Monday or early Tuesday to beat the mad rush and get some bets in before the lines get super long.

One idea I have is that we look into booking a spot at Lagasse's Stadium at The Palazzo to avoid worrying about finding a place to watch games. Thoughts?

ice grillin you

20-23 is the first weekend?

that seems way late

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/future-dates-sites

My room comps have seemingly dried up...at least with Harrah's and MGM because I haven't been in forever.

Venetian still showing some love though...

ice grillin you

damn your right....that seems so late

PhillyPhreak54

I will say this...book your rooms asap. It will get more expensive and hard to find the closer we get.

Matty...where do you normally stay? I like the north strip area (Mirage, Venetian, Caesars) the best.

phattymatty

yeah harrahs properties (paris, ballys, planet hollywood) and venetian are all next to each other so whichever gives me the best free room. i stay at hard rock sometimes too. but yeah i spend most of my time at that area mid strip.

the legasse reservation is a good call. may already be totally booked. best sports book on the strip. i like caesars next for sports.

ice grillin you

MDS

THIS IS AN IDEA

question: if its Passover during this time will Havas buy me matzah?

update it is not passover during this time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

If I recall correctly Lagasse's doesn't begin taking reservations until 60 days prior to the event. Each event has its own minimum per person that you have to hit but that is easy to do since Vegas prices are inflated. I think NFL games was $50 per person for the three hour block for a game.

Compare that to having to wake up early and stake out seats in the sports bar and worrying about losing your spot if you get up to take a leak or lay a bet down.

I have also heard Blondie's in PHo is pretty good too...that could be another spot we hit for one of the days.

I like The Mirage's book (apparently re-done since I was last out there) and Caesar's too.

Excalibur is a dump. Its billed as a family spot so a lot of kids and its pretty dirty.

hbionic

I don't know about bets and stuff...but I might be able to meet mid-week for a couple of nights.

Pencil me in at this point. Have to negotiate with the boss lady. I mean...my boyfriend. I'll try to have a solid 'IN' soon.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05