Sixers Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 04, 2005, 08:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

AI finished fifth in the MVP voting, behind Nash, Shaq, Nowitzki and Duncan....  :P

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2005, 05:54:28 PM
AI finished fifth in the MVP voting, behind Nash, Shaq, Nowitzki and Duncan....  :P

Ridiculous. Sorry AI haters, but the team wasn't going to even be close to where they were this year without AI.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

7th place team in the East got him that. He should've been 4th over Dirk, the Mavs have got plenty of other options.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

yeah...the only one i'd question is dirk.

and players on 43 win teams don't win the mvp...4th would've been about right for ai.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

WEST is GOD

I would put Lebron over Duncan and have AI at 3 Dirk at 4 and Lebron at 5. Statistically Duncan had one of his weaker years and also was hurt for a long stretch at the end where his team didn't completely fall into the tank and managed to finish with the second best record in basketball. Yes the Cavs didn't make the playoffs but it was anything but Lebron's fault. They wouldn't have even been in the race if Lebron wasn't on the team.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 08, 2005, 06:59:51 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2005, 05:54:28 PM

Ridiculous. Sorry AI haters, but the team wasn't going to even be close to where they were this year without AI.

Nash = MVP anyway.  Who cares even if AI deserved to be 2nd?

BigEd76

No links yet, but CSN reported that Sammy D has to go to court because a man renting a property from him was injured and Sammy did nothing about it..  ???

PhillyPhreak54

Like Sammy is a slumlord and some guy fell down a broken staircase and broke his leg and Sammy ignored it? ???

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Huh. I didn't know Sammy was a landlord.

He better hope they go to court before he gets that fat free agent contract. :P

PhillyPhreak54

I read in the latest edition of the Sporting News that the Clips might be willing to trade Marko Jaric.

What's the deal with him? Could he be that PG that Billy wants so he can move AI back to 2? Is he any good? Would he fit here schemewise and salarywise? Would he be worth a sign and trade with Willie Green?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Get crazy white boy from New Orleans!  Do it NOW!

hunt

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 09, 2005, 03:47:54 PM
I read in the latest edition of the Sporting News that the Clips might be willing to trade Marko Jaric.

What's the deal with him? Could he be that PG that Billy wants so he can move AI back to 2? Is he any good? Would he fit here schemewise and salarywise? Would he be worth a sign and trade with Willie Green?

Quote.20 Marko Jaric Los Angeles Clippers
            Position: PG
            Born: 12/10/78
            Height: 6-7
            Weight: 198 lbs.
            From: Serbia-Montenegro Very good in the open court... Not that good
            when it comes to make plays on halfcourt attack... Not a pure point
            guard... Must improve his playmaking skills... Excellent size and
            athleticism... Can play all backcourt spots... Very quick and
            explosive... Tough defender... A steal waiting to happen...
            Consistent shooter... Drives to the basket very often... Used to
            winning titles.

jaric might be a good fit...he's a big PG who can shoot.

PhillyPhreak54

What kind of salary is he making? When's his deal up?

hunt

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 10, 2005, 02:26:32 PM
What kind of salary is he making? When's his deal up?

he made $2.1 mill this season & i'm pretty sure he's a restricted FA.