Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mhunt on June 14, 2005, 08:11:49 AM
here's the latest:
the second baseman will be switching from left field to center field to platoon with bernie williams so matsui can return to left. :-X

also, steve phillips was on espn radio this morning & said that IF the yanks are 10+ games out by mid-july, they should consider trading matsui, shef, bernie, & womack for prospects.  i actually agree...time to get younger & a couple of those guys are in the last year of their deals.

They could probably get something for Matsui and Sheffield.  I can't imagine that they'd get more than a marginal prospect for Womack or Williams (who is shot at this point).

It would be interesting to see the Yankees in the role of seller, rather than buyer.  Not sure if Steinbrenner would allow that, though.

hunt

yeah...matsui & sheff would the their only "real" trade bait, imo...i guess there was a rumor about sheff to the cubs but the yanks said there's nothing to it.  i'm not sure what the yanks were rumored to be getting in return.

anyway, roid-man hit a walkoff HR in the 10th last night so they're back at .500.  :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

BigEd76

What, no bragging today hunt?  :P

PhillyPhreak54

I left the house to go to work and it was 11-7 Rays.

At like 4am I saw the ticker on ESPN say 20 runs for the Yanks and I thought I was seein shtein.

Impressive comeback.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Bottom of the 8th....11-7 Devil Rays

Franklin Nunez pitching for Tampa Bay
R Cano singled to center.
D Jeter singled to right, R Cano to third.
R Sierra (hitting for Womack) grounded out to second, R Cano scored, D Jeter to second. 11-8 Rays
G Sheffield singled to left center, D Jeter to third.
A Rodriguez singled to left, D Jeter scored, G Sheffield to second. 11-9 Rays
T Harper relieved F Nunez.
H Matsui doubled to deep right, G Sheffield scored, A Rodriguez to third. 11-10 Rays
J Giambi intentionally walked.
R Johnson ran for J Giambi.
B Williams tripled to deep center, A Rodriguez, H Matsui and R Johnson scored. 13-11 Yankees
J Posada homered to right, B Williams scored. 15-11 Yankees
R Cano flied out to center.
D Jeter reached on infield single to second.
R Sierra singled to right, D Jeter to third.
G Sheffield homered to left, D Jeter and R Sierra scored. 18-11 Yankees
A Rodriguez homered to right. 19-11 Yankees
H Matsui homered to center. 20-11 Yankees
R Johnson flied out to right.

BigEd76

hunt

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 22, 2005, 10:45:45 AM

nah....just another win.  i'll save my bragging for later. ;D

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on June 22, 2005, 12:17:30 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on June 22, 2005, 10:45:45 AM

nah....just another win. i'll save my bragging for later. ;D

You mean like when the Yanks come back and win against a good team.   ;)

hunt

now you can see why i didn't brag. :P

they stink again this week. :boo  rumor has them intersted in mark kotsay from oakland...he'd give them a real CF which would help the defense & in turn help the pitching...i'm not sure who they'd give up though...maybe womack since he's expendable.  ???

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mhunt on June 24, 2005, 10:25:02 AM
now you can see why i didn't brag. :P

they stink again this week. :boo  rumor has them intersted in mark kotsay from oakland...he'd give them a real CF which would help the defense & in turn help the pitching...i'm not sure who they'd give up though...maybe womack since he's expendable.  ???

With a .279 OBP?  Steinbrenner better be giving ol' Moneyball Beane something strong in his drink to get him to take Womack.  Gonna cost old George a bit more than that.  I'd guess that the A's will want someone young that takes a walk.

hunt

womack was only a guess since he's expendable now that cano is doing pretty well at 2B....and i don't think womack is as bad as his current numbers indicate.  it could be one of those "take womack, we'll even pay his salary...just take him!" deals. :-D

BigEd76

Well, the A's don't need Duncan, so they'll probably want your other prospect from the minor league system...  :-D

hunt

it's not like kotsay is an all-star either....i don't think they'd have to give up that much.