Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

The Yankees have the distinction of being the first team to have 2 20 game winners (Brown and Johnson) lose back to back games against 2 pitchers without a single win for the season.

Odd stat, but I heard it today and had to post it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

Watch out, you might get called a name for that, PG.  This is hunt's "smoke the Yankee hog or get attacked" thread.  It's fun..he's like an animal.  Just poke him with a fact and he calls you a name!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Royals complete the sweep. :-D

Buddy Bell for manager of the year!

henchmanUK

Being swept by the Royals is the worstest. BTW, this was Kc's first sweep in 79 series. :deion
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Geowhizzer

Pitching continues to be the base of the Yanks' woes:

Only two starting pitchers are below a 4.00 ERA:  Mussina leads the pack at 3.90, Johnson is at 3.92.  Chien-Ming Wang is at 4.06 in his starts, Pavano at 4.50 and Brown at 5.16.

The bullpen is even worse:  Rivera, Sturtze and Gordon are pitching well, but the others are all a disaster with ERAs 5.40 and higher.

The amazing thing to me:  Put the Yanks in  most of the other divisions to feast on the lesser teams, and the Yanks are challenging for the lead.  Heck, they're only five games behind the Orioles as it is.  They may indeed do so in the AL East before the season is over.  However, they have to straighten their pitching, especially the bullpen, to spring ahead of Boston and Baltimore.

hunt

Quote from: Diomedes on June 02, 2005, 10:08:30 PM
Watch out, you might get called a name for that, PG.  This is hunt's "smoke the Yankee hog or get attacked" thread.  It's fun..he's like an animal.  Just poke him with a fact and he calls you a name!!

on my jock much?
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 03, 2005, 07:36:09 AM
Pitching continues to be the base of the Yanks' woes:

Only two starting pitchers are below a 4.00 ERA:  Mussina leads the pack at 3.90, Johnson is at 3.92.  Chien-Ming Wang is at 4.06 in his starts, Pavano at 4.50 and Brown at 5.16.

The bullpen is even worse:  Rivera, Sturtze and Gordon are pitching well, but the others are all a disaster with ERAs 5.40 and higher.

The amazing thing to me:  Put the Yanks in  most of the other divisions to feast on the lesser teams, and the Yanks are challenging for the lead.  Heck, they're only five games behind the Orioles as it is.  They may indeed do so in the AL East before the season is over.  However, they have to straighten their pitching, especially the bullpen, to spring ahead of Boston and Baltimore.

true.
randy johnson is the biggest disappoinment so far...he looks nothing like he did last season. 
pavano & wright are about what i expected....2 guys who had 1 good season so the yanks signed them for too much $$$...they tend to do that a lot. :boo
the team's biggest problem is inconsistency...but it's not like they're out of the race so i won't panic yet.  baltimore has some key injuries so they might come back down to earth....and it's not like the red sox are lighting it up either.  the media is all over the yankees "downfall" but you don't hear a thing about those defending world series champs...and they're only a couple games ahead of the yanks right now.
oh well.

Diomedes

Truth hurts, hunt?  And yeah, I'm on your jock.  You fail to realize what a prick you're being for insisting on this thread.  How I wish I were a mod.  I'd have shut this bullshtein down long ago.  If you wanna persist in kicking the Yankees thread on an Eagles MB, and in being such an icehole to people while doing it, then yeah, I'm all over your jock.

Swept by the farging Royals.  :-D
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

well, i'm happy to have a fan....on 2 boards, nonetheless. :-D

you should make up t-shirts.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on June 03, 2005, 10:46:58 AM

Watch it hippie.  The only one 'round these parts who makes t-shirts is me.  :paranoid

hunt

Quote from: SSgt PSN on June 03, 2005, 10:59:14 AM
Quote from: mhunt on June 03, 2005, 10:46:58 AM

Watch it hippie.  The only one 'round these parts who makes t-shirts is me.  :paranoid

fine...then he should make up some pennants & perhaps some travel mugs. :-D

PhillyGirl

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2075561

I read this headline and the first thing I thought of was:

"I am not a smart man":

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Yankees:  27-27

Phillies: 27-27

Welcome to our world, Hunt.

:-D

hunt

wow...the same record as the sillies? :o

they really have hit rock bottom! :-D  time to fire costanza!

Rome

Phillies: 29-27

Yanks: 28-27

Yes!

:-D