The past 3 days of downtime

Started by PhillyGirl, March 28, 2005, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

It was scheduled maintenance that was supposed to be just for Friday night. But from the hosting company:

QuoteThe Host It Now Networks has been in the process of a network and hardware upgrade due to a company datacenter merger.

The parent company promised us that this upgrade would be seamless and downtime would be minimal.  Apparently the hard-drives are not compatible with the new hardware.

Had the Host It Now Networks known anything about the impact to our customers, we would have migrated all of our customers to our business class customers in St. Louis, MO prior.

We do strive to keep our customers site up as much as possible and your site is very important to us.

Thank you for your understanding

After this letter, I emailed him back for a guesstimate on the timeframe for the site to be back up and he said 3 hours. 5 hours later, I went to bed. But its back up finally this morning, so I just wanted to let you know what was going on. Out of our hands. Sorry about that.

Sami
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Eh... somehow 3 days of downtime seem appropriate for Easter weekend.  ;)

Nothing you guys could help.

Diomedes

Boy, was that a drag.  I was going into withdrawal.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I took the biggest crap in the history of mankind this weekend. Seriously. I thought it would never end.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

i was lost this weekend i didnt know what to do online
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

this board must be powered by microsoft somehow. as every time there's maintenence or upgrades, it's gets all farged up for a while. :D

(this is no way a shot at anyone running this place. just a joke at a big billion $ powerhouse's expense.)

besides we all know this was TO's fault.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

I don't think I did any drugs this morning, but damn if this screen don't look funny...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Like Dio, withdrawal was creeping up on me.

dis12

I was forced into spending time with the wife n' kids during this 3-day outage...It was unbearable!   :D
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Wingspan

just in case no one sees or notices what i see now...there is nothing on this site at all for me. it's text and white screen all over. not one single image (except external linked avatars).

no style sheet.

yes i am on a mac. but i use multiple browsers. losta red-ex, and question marks.

just an FYI.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

That's how it was for me all day Wingspan, when I could reach the board at all.  But now it looks great.

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2005, 03:04:11 PM
That's how it was for me all day Wingspan, when I could reach the board at all.  But now it looks great.

yep same here. looks good now.  :yay
Connection Problems

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic