Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

There's a difference between camping and sniping. You don't need a scoped rifle to camp. If you're a smart sniper, you aren't staying in one place/going to the same place over and over. And you need to be accurate. Sorry that running around and shooting at an 18% accuracy rate doesn't scream "skilled" to me.

Even so, finding a good spot and staying there is STILL infinitely smarter and more realistic then sprinting around guns blazing when you see someone round a corner.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Camping is sitting in a corner waiting for someone to walk by.  Typically when you have a limited range.  Sniping is being setup with a scope looking over a vast area, and its infinitely tougher.  By hey, i would expect BillyBeane to get that wrong, as he gets everything else wrong
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

whats it called when you think you're hiding and someone sneaks around the corner and stabs you in the back.  because that's what i do.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i'm not sure i can play that game online. i've never been so pissed at a video game before.  the sound when they run by and shank you is funny but so frustrating.

mussa

haha, yeah you have to realize your playing the most popular 1st person shooter for 3 years straight, there are some really good players and your just starting out. once you memorize the maps, then its just perfecting your shooting skills, finding the right gun etc...

Quote from: phattymatty on April 09, 2010, 09:21:07 AM
whats it called when you think you're hiding and someone sneaks around the corner and stabs you in the back.  because that's what i do.

lmao
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

this conversation about video game tactics is amazing.

and maybe it's just me, or perhaps there's some "player code" in the gaming world i'm unfamiliar with, but sniping >>>>>>>> run and gun or whatever the hell you call it.  i guess it probably makes the game a little less fun, but it's by far the more realistic and life like tactic that you could employ. 

mussa

I notice when I slow down and take my time, set up high, lay down a claymore, I get way more kills. Combined with a scavenger perk, once your claymore kills someone, you can get another and eventually set up 2, rinse, wash and repeat. Find an accurate gun and combine it with the ACOG scope.

phattymatty

how do people get jets and helicopters?  do you have to be high level and unlock that shtein?  bc it doesn't seems fair that a zesty player like me is running around with a weak ass pistol while some dude with better skills to begin with is rocking a helicopter.

Seabiscuit36

thats under teh kill streaks matty  You have to unlock them as you rank up.  Kill 4 guys in a row, get a sentry gun, etc. 

mussa

Go to Barracks, inside that is Kill Streak Rewards. As you progress you get to unlock them. So yeah the higher rank u get the more kill streak rewards you get to unlock. im a fan of the care package, most of the time you just get UAVs, UAV jammers or ammo packas, but occasionally you get something awesome. Then I have Harrier set and then Pavelow. Pavelow chopper really racks up kills.

reese125

matty...just keep using the M16 until you get the additional magazine, then you'll be the icehole laughing up in the sky

running around with a weak ass pistol

hysterical

SunMo

it takes forever to get the M16...i think it's level 40 something
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

he means M4 Colt. 

I'm finally like 20 headshots away from my FAL Fall Camo.