Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Aren't 360's pretty cheap these days?

Magical_Retard

ohh well i would have gotten the xbox360 cept this yr ive been reading madden will be the same across both systems. last yrs version was better on 360.

that and the blu ray.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 07, 2008, 05:31:03 PM
Aren't 360's pretty cheap these days?
starting sept 4th they are gonna be 199 for the cheap arcade version. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

If there were one definitive gaming system, I'd buy it.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 07, 2008, 06:48:56 PM

no benefit for the manufacturers.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Instead, I will probably keep spending my money on oppressing people.

Zanshin

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 07, 2008, 06:48:56 PM

Well, since that's never going to happen just pick up a 360, get Madden and let's get a league going.  I don't think you could go horribly wrong with either the 360 or the PS3.  But more people have the 360, it's cheaper, there are more games and more people on here have one (which is obviously supremely important).  I mean, it's easy to spend $199 just going to a decent dinner.  That said, you'd have to be semi-retarded to get the base version without a hard drive.

SunMo

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 07, 2008, 08:22:30 AM
I got the new Roster today, just got to EALocker and download it from my gamertag

i downloaded them and they worked for the dynasty...but they didn't apply to the online gaming, i wonder why
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, the "arcade" 360 is a waste of time?  What are we talking price-wise for the decent one?

Why am I even considering this?  I hate myself.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on August 08, 2008, 08:37:04 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 07, 2008, 08:22:30 AM
I got the new Roster today, just got to EALocker and download it from my gamertag

i downloaded them and they worked for the dynasty...but they didn't apply to the online gaming, i wonder why
thats weird, did you load rosters before you went to play online?  Otherwise it might be because they need to have the same exact roster file to play online. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i didn't, and i think that might be what happened.  i downloaded them, loaded them and started a dynasty.  played a game in a dynasty and then went to play online and just figured they were loaded up.  i'll try loading them again right before going online.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

Well, the middle version is probably the best value for most people, I think.  If you're not planning to use the game system as an "entertainment hub" than the 360 is more than fine.  And that's all I use it for.  I got mine from a friend for $100, picked up a used 20 gig HD on the cheap and I've had no problems at all.   I download demos and save games, but I'm not really using it to download movies, etc.  That said, you really do need some sort of hard drive.  

The PS3 has the bluray thing going for it, but I don't use the system as a DVD player, and I have the game system in a room I only use to play games and watch football.  And I don't know many people who have one, which would have really limited how I used it online.  So, for me the 360 was a no-brainer-- even though I was a PS2 guy before that.

Here's an article on the available varieties:  http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/yoon/266

Seabiscuit36

honestly, you dont need a big harddrive, i just use Tversity to stream music and movies directly from my cpu to my 360

Zanshin

Right.  I haven't had any problems using the 20 gig HD...but not having any HD would be a real drag.  I also stream music and video from my laptop to my 360...but I don't use any special software to do it....all you need to do is set your files up to share on the PC and the 360 can find it on the network and suck the stuff in when you want it. 

Can you do anything special with Tversity?  Never heard of it.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on August 08, 2008, 08:56:54 AM
Can you do anything special with Tversity?  Never heard of it.
It has less problems than Windows Media Player, and isnt MS, so i always feel like there is less of a chance that they are looking at what im using.