The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

no dookie, i'm not saying that pippen was a better jumper or a better dunker.  i'm saying that i think he was a little (keyword LITTLE) more powerful than jordan. 

ice grillin you

and that he could jump higher and that he was a better athlete
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

I think sargey sarge got caught up in the pippen paragraph moment and out-did himself writing that he is a superior athlete to jordan

Sgt PSN

i think he was a better athlete.  i don't think jordan could take the physical abuse that pippen did.....which was the point in the first place.  pippen took a beating on the court.  constantly taking charges and constantly battling down low.  jordan (who is a tough sob as well) was still more of a finesse player than pippen. (i can't wait to read your reply that says i'm calling jordan a puss) 

i'm not trying to knock mj off his pedestool.  not trying to downplay his greatness.  just pointing to the fact that pippen got beat up every freaking night and was still throwing down over the ewing's and hakeem's of the league.  with the exception of his 2nd year, jordan played his entire career without any serious physical ailments where i don't think pippen played anywhere near 100% after his first few years in. 

that's why i'm saying that pippen was such a marvelous athlete.  because he did all that ish with the injuries. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on February 12, 2010, 03:16:51 PM
I think sargey sarge got caught up in the pippen paragraph moment and out-did himself writing that he is a superior athlete to jordan

nah, and maybe my last post better explains it.  if not, oh well.  i'm not trying to really change anyone's mind as much as trying to make sure i get my point across.  whether or not it changes anyone else's mind is irrelevent to me as i'm able to accept other people's difference of opinion.  i think pippen was farging sick with the bad back and had he played a little softer, he'd had a lot more highlight dunks out there. 

reese125

love that video of ehlo...cant believe how much he got abused by jordan

I bet he got a free supply of haines underwear when he retired

ice grillin you

the tripucka dunk is classic to

Sgt PSN

on a related note.....pippen and malone are both on the hof ballot this year and both are locks.

also on the ballot is the 92 dream team and the 1960 olympic baskeball team. 

ice grillin you

i hate the practice of putting teams in HOF's

Sgt PSN

completely agree.  recognizing all time great teams is one of the dumbest things that ever happened in team sports. 

The BIGSTUD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVC3yBHjNvo

My favorite dunk contest is the first one in this video.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: King Cole on February 12, 2010, 04:53:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVC3yBHjNvo

My favorite dunk contest is the first one in this video.

ok.....the first 2 dunks were identical.  the only difference is that on the 2nd one he came from oob on the baseline.  but the dunks themselves were the same.  sick dunks, but nothing about the 2nd one that's overly impressive in comparison to the first one. 

the third one with the bounce pass from t-mac is one of the greatest dunks i've ever seen though. 

holding onto the rip at his elbow is just a filthy display of crazy hops.  not much style on the dunk itself but the vertical makes up for it.   

the last dunk is one of the weakest i've ever seen in competition and is especially disappointing coming from vinsanity. 

Sgt PSN

i've had the tv on in the background and have been listening to the rookie/sophomore game and it's like the entire crowd is made up of 14 yr old girls.  wtf, is there an nsync concert immediately after the game or something?

MDS

they give loads of free tickets to poor kids

you inconsiderate farg
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

well don't i feel like an ass.  and here i was thinking that you were already in texas.