The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

> 16 – Chicago: Hilton Armstrong – C, UConn

He's big. He's athletic. He can rebound. He can block shots. He has no offensive game to speak of. Comparison: Joel Przybilla

> 17 – Indiana: JJ Redick – SG, Duke

JJ should stick around the league for a long time due to his 3-point shooting, but I don't know if he'll be a starter since his lack of quickness could spell doom on the defensive end. Comparison: Voshon Lenard, Jeff Hornacek

> 18 – Washington: Alexander Johnson – PF, Florida State

This may seem a bit high to some who don't know his name, but I think he could really be a nice fit for the Zards. He's 6'9, he can run the floor, he's extremely athletic, he has range out to the college 3-point line, and he showed his dedication last off-season by hiring a dietician and slimming down to 225. I harped all season on the need for the Zards to ditch B-Wood for more athletic big-men who can run the floor with Gil/Caron and hit a jumper from the high-post to open up our half-court Princeton sets. Johnson is exactly that kind of player. Comparison: David West

> 19 – Sacramento: Tiago Splitter – PF/C, Tau Ceramica (Spain)

I haven't caught any Tau games lately, but I've read that Splitter is a tough, strong PF. It seems like he's been a draft prospect for the past 5 years. Apparently he still has a huge buyout, so he'd have to go to a team like Sacramento that can afford to wait on him. Comparison: N/A

> 20 – New York: Mardy Collins – Combo Guard, Temple

Whenever I've watched Temple games, I've been underwhelmed by Collins. He's not particularly great in any aspect, but he's 6'6" and can play the point, and you know how NBA scouts inexplicably get their knickers in a bunch when it comes to tall PGs. Comparison: Reece Gaines, Jeryl Sasser

> 21 – Phoenix: Jordan Farmar – PG, UCLA

He'd be a nice back-up and potential long-term replacement to the injury prone and aging Steve Nash. Especially since it's becoming more and more clear that Leandro Barbosa isn't really a PG. Comparison: Mike Bibby

> 22 – New Jersey: Olexsiy Pecherov – PF, Paris Basket Racing (France)

The Nets need a skilled PF, and scouts say this guy should fall in this range. Comparison: N/A

> 23 – New Jersey: Leon Powe – PF, Cal

I love Leon Powe. He's tremendously skilled and a rugged rebounder. If it wasn't for his knee injury after his freshman year, he could have been a potential top-5 pick. I expect the Nets to use both their picks on big guys, and Powe could be a steal in this spot. NBA Comparison: Ike Diogu

> 24 – Memphis: Mohamed Saer Sene – C, Verviers-Pepinster (Belgium)

There's a lot of hype surrounding Sene at the moment. Supposedly he's tremendously raw offensively, but an outstanding defensive force and an extremely active player. Comparison: Theo Ratliff

> 25 – Cleveland: Shannon Brown – Combo Guard, Michigan State

Lacks the size to play the 2 and I don't think he handles well enough to play the 1, but he's a great athlete and an excellent scorer. He could fit well with a player like LeBron who dominates the ball in most cases anyway. Comparison: Bobby Jackson

> 26 – LA Lakers: Quincy Douby – Combo Guard, Rutgers

If he played somewhere other than Rutgers, Douby would be getting more hype. He can shoot the lights out from three, and he's also very versatile in his ability to defend and play some point guard. He'd be a nice pseudo-point guard in the triangle offense. Comparison: Ron Harper, Derek Anderson

> 27 – Phoenix: Maurice Ager – SG, Michigan State

Ager was the best player on a team that featured two other potential first rounders, Shannon Brown and Paul Davis. He has the size, athleticism, and jumper to succeed at the 2 in the NBA, so why is nobody talking about him? Is this another Michael Redd situation where people inexplicably ignored him in the period leading up to the draft? Comparison: Latrell Sprewell

> 28 – Dallas: Guillermo Diaz – SG, Miami

Diaz is an undersized, athletic, gunning SG with a questionable attitude. Somebody will take a chance on him. Comparison: Dejuan Wagner

> 29 – New York: Cedric Simmons – PF, NC State

Has been rated a lot higher than this in most mock drafts, but I don't see it. He had one good game against Duke, but I don't think it was indicative of his level of play all-season. He seems to be a bit slow-footed to me, and I've never seen the "excellent athleticism" that he's reported to have. Comparison: Melvin Ely

> 30 – Portland: James White – SF, Cincinnati

Coming out of high school, James White was overrated. He was a tremendous athlete with very little skill or basketball acumen. Everyone wrote him off after he was an early bust, but he quietly improved his game from year to year, and he finally put it all together last year for Cincinnati. Comparison: Stacey Augmon

ice grillin you

> 13 – Philly: Kyle Lowry – PG, Villanova

I'm not sold on Lowry's NBA potential yet, as I think he benefited from all the attention that Randy Foye and Allan Ray drew, and I'd like to see how he could step up on his own. However, if the Sixers decide to move Iverson, a local product with an NBA body, quickness, and strength like Lowry could be a tempting replacement. Comparison: Jameer Nelson

youd be hard pressed to find a worse first round pick for the sixers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Hes definitely not ready for the NBA and would not make an immediate impact this year, thats for sure. Although I like his handle and the way he takes the ball inside, his jumpshot needs serious improvement. Highly unlikely the Sixers take him IMO as management clearly stated they are looking for defensive pressure/talent...and I wouldnt disagree to say the least

Jameer Nelson comparison: size maybe, scoring potential-hell no

BigEd76

Lowry is a late 1st - early 2nd.  He's not #13 overall....

reese125

Another indication where some of the  players are slated to go.
Aaron Gray? Meh, I dont think the Sixers need another Todd McCullough--aside from injury, we know where that went

Mock Draft    

Tony Mejia
Updated May 24, 2006
1 TOR   LaMarcus Aldridge, C/PF, Texas
2 CHI   Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU
3 CHA   Adam Morrison, SF, Gonzaga
4 POR   Brandon Roy, SG, Washington
5 ATL   Marcus Williams, PG, UConn
6 MIN   Rudy Gay, SF, UConn
7 BOS   Andrea Bargnani, PF, Italy
8 HOU   Cedric Simmons, PF, N.C. State
9 GS   Patrick O'Bryant, C, Bradley
10 SEA   Randy Foye, SG, Villanova
11 ORL   J.J. Redick, SG, Duke
12 NO   Rodney Carney, SG, Memphis
13 PHI   Shawne Williams, SF, Memphis
14 UTA   Ronnie Brewer, SG, Arkansas
15 NO   Shelden Williams, PF, Duke
16 CHI   Tiago Splitter, PF, Spain
17 IND   Mardy Collins, PG, Temple
18 WAS   Hilton Armstrong, PF, UConn
19 SAC   M. Saer Sene, C/F, Belgium
20 NY   Marcus Vinicius, F, Brazil
21 PHO   Oleksiy Pecherov, F, France
22 NJ   Aaron Gray, C, Pittsburgh
23 NJ   Sergio Rodriguez, G, Spain
24 MEM   Rajon Rondo, PG, Kentucky
25 CLE   Leon Powe, F, California
26 LAL   P.J. Tucker, F/G, Texas
27 PHO   Nick Fazekas, F/C, Nevada
28 DAL   Guillermo Diaz, SG, Miami
29 NY   Richard Roby, G/F, Colorado
30 POR   Alexander Johnson, F, FSU

Gregg Doyel
Updated May 24, 2006
1 TOR   LaMarcus Aldridge, C/PF, Texas
2 CHI   Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU
3 CHA   Adam Morrison, SF, Gonzaga
4 POR   Brandon Roy, SG, Washington
5 ATL   Marcus Williams, PG, UConn
6 MIN   Rudy Gay, SF, UConn
7 BOS   Maurice Ager, SG, MSU
8 HOU   J.J. Redick, SG, Duke
9 GS   Shelden Williams, PF, Duke
10 SEA   Andrea Bargnani, PF, Italy
11 ORL   Randy Foye, SG, Villanova
12 NO   Hilton Armstrong, PF, UConn
13 PHI   Aaron Gray, C, Pittsburgh
14 UTA   Shannon Brown, SG, MSU
15 NO   Ronnie Brewer, SG, Arkansas
16 CHI   Rodney Carney, SG, Memphis
17 IND   Mardy Collins, PG, Temple
18 WAS   Cedric Simmons, PF, N.C. State
19 SAC   Patrick O'Bryant, C, Bradley
20 NY   Paul Davis, PF, MSU
21 PHO   Guillermo Diaz, SG, Miami
22 NJ   Kyle Lowry, PG, Villanova
23 NJ   Tiago Splitter, PF, Spain
24 MEM   Rajon Rondo, PG, Kentucky
25 CLE   Shawne Williams, SF, Memphis
26 LAL   Jordan Farmar, PG, UCLA
27 PHO   Steve Novak, SF, Marquette
28 DAL   Leon Powe, PF, Cal
29 NY   P.J. Tucker, SF, Texas
30 POR   James White, SG, Cincinnati

reese125

Lowry is a late 1st - early 2nd.  He's not #13 overall....

he needs to call Brandon Roy and ask him why he stayed in school...Im sure the reasons will be clear

ice grillin you

BigEd76

Magical_Retard

congrats to miami.....they deserved...i wanted zo to get it.

WADE is the best player in the league.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

The BIGSTUD

Bahaha, I hate Dallas.

Take that Cuban.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Susquehanna Birder

Test reply. Hmmmm. (Sorry...please move along...there's nothing to see here, folks.)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2006, 10:16:45 AM
LB fired

peacers

Isiah Thomas can't be any worse as a GM/coach than he was as just GM, right?  LB's buyout must have been a ton of $.

ice grillin you

so how many teams are paying LB not to coach now?

phattymatty

seriously, LB has one of the greatest financial minds in the history of sports.

i can't believe that isiah hired isiah.  like everyone didn't already know this was gonna happen.  what a joke of a franchise at the moment.