The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Mashburn is still making $11mil and when you read his profile it talks about his play in the past tense. Ha.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

Quote from: phattymatty on February 16, 2007, 01:30:36 PM
allen houston is making $20M this year and isn't in the league anymore.

this is ridiculous

That's exactly why I <3 my Knicks!  :boom
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on February 16, 2007, 01:35:44 PM
Mashburn is still making $11mil and when you read his profile it talks about his play in the past tense. Ha.

And the Sixers will pay Weber $19M next year to play for Detroit.

Feva

NBA All-Star weekend is underway with a celebrity basketball game.  It's pretty bad TV but 2 things are pretty clear:

1. I don't know exactly who the worst basketball players on the planet are, but I know that two of them are named Chris Tucker and Ladanian Tomlinson.

2. If you play for the Saints, stay away from exhibition games.  Last week, Drew Brees dislocates his elbow in the Pro Bowl... tonight, Reggie Bush rolls the hell out of his ankle in a celebrity game.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

The Slam Dunk competition was a HUGE flop.  They had to incorporate a Nate Robinson rule giving players just 2 minutes to complete their dunk.  After that, they get 2 additional chances and that's it. 

Staying true to his game, Nate Robinson then proceeded to utilize the entire 2 minutes and both additional dunks before finally making it......again. 

Can someone please pull the plug on this thing finally? 

MDS

Jarvis Green had a few okay ones, and Howard putting the sticker was original. Other than that, it reeked of Reno Mahe.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 17, 2007, 11:26:14 PMCan someone please pull the plug on this thing finally?

don't watch it you fool
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5saBDOE6Sc

Howard's sticker dunk.

IMO, the dunk was less than spectacular.  It's an impressive show of hops but the dunk had no flair.  I've seen people dunk and slap the backboard at the same time.  Howard just happened to have a sticker in his hand.  Whoopy.

Sgt PSN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQ_XJ8mr_U

Here's the whole contest wrapped up in about 5 minutes. 

Sgt PSN

West slaughters East in AS Game.  Kobe named MVP. 

I missed most of Toni Braxton's halftime performance and then some Vegas act came out.  Christina Aguillara actually put on a decent performance during halftime.  She put a few pounds back on and looked rather healthy again.  Actually, she looked pretty damn good. 

BigEd76

Anyone else catch the pregame with Siegfried and Roy where the slaughtered one could barely speak or stand still?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

We have a thread for dead people.