The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: MDS on June 22, 2012, 11:28:47 AM
if you dont think there are different levels of titles then you just dont know basketball

to say lebrons ring counts as much as the one dirk won last year, jordans 6, any of magics or birds is ridiculous. it still counts and its still good but if this is it for him its gonna be awful hard to put him in the top 5 greatest ever list. skill wise, damn, he might be the best.

but its really about titles and when you put a team together the way they did it just isnt the same as what everyone else does.

So what you're saying is that the GM/Owners that put MJ, Magic and Bird's teams together determined how "big" their titles were? Because that's a huge reason they won their chips... having HOF type players put with them. Had each of them been left to do it alone with Mo Peterson and Antawn Jamison, they wouldn't have the championship resumes they have either. So Lebron finds a way to get his HOF players himself and his means less?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: DH on June 22, 2012, 11:48:37 AM
So this is going to be the new Lebron argument now? He won a title, but it doesn't mean as much as it would have had he stayed in Cleveland. Got it.

Yep. He only gets half a ring so he can't actually "wear it" until he wins another one and gets the other half... which will also be tainted.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

what made this title at the top of the list was he put on the best playoff/championship performance ever in the history of the game .

doesnt count or not better than Dirks title? Ha.

DH

Averaging 29/10/7 in the Finals is hard to argue with, no matter how much you may hate him or his team.

rjs246

Oh so Lebron James is good at basketball? Tell me more about how much you hate him.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

you have to seperate great player from great title

hes a great player but had to conspire with other free agents to try and get that ring...bosh is in no different boat than lebron in that sense...i know people obsess over lebron but try not and think of this as a lebron thing and instead think of it as a miami heat thing

its a fact of sports that titles get measured and put on different plateaus...this particular heat title is on the shortest mesa
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah he is beyond sickening....his locker room antics last night were infuriating...and his constant yelling to the crowd during games is so awful
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Feva on June 22, 2012, 11:50:37 AM
So what you're saying is that the GM/Owners that put MJ, Magic and Bird's teams together determined how "big" their titles were? Because that's a huge reason they won their chips... having HOF type players put with them. Had each of them been left to do it alone with Mo Peterson and Antawn Jamison, they wouldn't have the championship resumes they have either. So Lebron finds a way to get his HOF players himself and his means less?

those guys never left their teams though. magic was always a laker, mike always a bull, bird always a C. lebron had to team up with his two buddies to win a title. it just looks and feels cheap.

im not discounting the fact that hes the best player in the nba. he is. and he played terrific and deserves a ring. its just when you are debating who is better and what counts more this title is pretty low on the list. hes basically in the same boat kobe was in that 2-3 year period between him winning 3 titles with shaq and when he won one by himself. like hes still great and a still a HOF player, BUT he hasnt won a title without 2 other all stars that cheaply joined forces one offseason.

for example, dirks ring means a farg a lot more than brons because dirk did it the right way.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Now I get it. So, where exactly does the Phils WS title rank as far as this plateau system? It's got to mean less because they needed an extra day and some rain to get in the way to win the closeout game, right? And they needed the help of a pitcher hitting a home run also, so that's gotta drop it some too. Oh, and they beat a former expansion team. Least meaningful WS title of alltime, perhaps? C'mon. 

This quite possibly could be the dumbest discussion this board has ever seen.

DH

Feva

Quote from: DH on June 22, 2012, 01:30:34 PM
Now I get it. So, where exactly does the Phils WS title rank as far as this plateau system? It's got to mean less because they needed an extra day and some rain to get in the way to win the closeout game, right? And they needed the help of a pitcher hitting a home run also, so that's gotta drop it some too. Oh, and they beat a former expansion team. Least meaningful WS title of alltime, perhaps? C'mon. 

What do you mean? Those were all home grown Phillies. There's no "conspiring" or teaming up here... they did it the right way.

MDS

its better than the 1997 florida marlins or the 2009 yankees, but thats about it. it was a terrible series that no one outside of philly cared about.

if you dont think titles have weights to them then you dont like sports.

you also cant compare baseball to basketball, but yea, if the phillies would have won a title last year it would be been a tad cheap. though no one in philly would have given a farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: Feva on June 22, 2012, 01:39:27 PM

What do you mean? Those were all home grown Phillies. There's no "conspiring" or teaming up here... they did it the right way.

and they still couldn't win.

farg YOU FEVA!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva