The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Speights could be trade bait. Hate to see him go but he's expendable with Brand coming back. In a perfect world they move Brands salary. Sucks Jason Smith has little value because I thought he played well his first season, no one is going to take him coming back from that injury.

In reality I doubt anything happens and they wind up with Lawson, who I'd be fine with.

ice grillin you

anyone and everyone can go for the right player and rubio would be that guy (or any potentially great pg)...id easily trade iguodala or thad for him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

yep nobody. he sucks.

tv show thread that way -> -> -> -> -> -> ->

MDS

name 1 team that will take his overpaid, overrated ass and the full contract and ill go back to ignoring you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

and you should of continued. stop asking me questions...you know tv ratings thats it..be proud

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 03, 2009, 11:04:43 AM
name 1 team that will take his overpaid, overrated ass and the full contract and ill go back to ignoring you.

they could trade iguodala in the next 60 minutes if they wanted to

MDS

k

basically all im asking for a team, any team, that would want igy for full price. im sure theyre lined up around the block for a 3 guard with no jump shot and an ego so big he dances around on the court like hes an all star or something when he hits a ridiculous looking step back prayer of a jumper to win game 1 of a first round playoff series.

reese125

please shut up and take flappy lip with you.

MDS

didnt you say you were 35 or something

ice grillin you

lol so you want specific names of teams that would be interested in a hypothetical trade for a playerr who isnt even on the block otherwise its not possible it could happen

if stefanski announced this afternoon that iguodala was available there would be minimum 8 teams that would immediately call

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: reese125 on June 03, 2009, 09:36:18 AM
you laugh, but one of those heads have to go

it makes no sense at all to have both Iggy and Thad on the floor at the same time, who play the same position and  need starter minutes...and I already know your answer

How'd the Sixers do down the stretch without Thad? Horrid, they were playing like one of the worst teams in the league. No one is gonna take Igy's contract, the time to trade him was last offseason before he signed that ridiculous deal. You don't pay 3's that kind of dough unless they're in the Lebron category. At this point you make room for both players, try to work Brand into the mix, and do your best to add guards.

Seabiscuit36

the other AI did have some cool glasses on though for the Jordan press conference
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i dont know why people think iguodalas contract is so high

its 5 yrs 65 mil....for a player of his caliber that isnt crazy and easily would be take on by many teams...rashard lewis for example has 4 years/80 mil and hes not as good a player as iguodala...antawn jamison 3 yrs/40 mil ect...

people always over analyze/criticize their own players without looking around the league...i do it myself...sometimes it hard to get outside the bubble of your own team

but belee dis...andre would move with the quickness if the sixers made him available

QB Eagles

QuoteAn academic study of NBA officiating found little to no evidence that referees favor teams from large media markets in the playoffs, a favorite conspiracy theory of skeptical fans.

But the same study found that NBA referees tend to favor home teams, teams trailing in a game and teams trailing in a playoff series.

The researchers found that each type of favoritism -- home, trailing in a game and trailing in a series -- resulted in a 5 to 10 percent advantage in "discretionary" turnovers, or ones over which referees have the most influence. The researchers do not attempt to explain what the percentages could mean in actual wins and losses.

Link. The NBA is pissed about it. Joel Litvin, the NBA's president of league and basketball operations, basically said the results are impossible because NBA referees are above human infallibility.

QuoteLitvin responded that NBA officials are the best in the world, reaching the league through superior skill and imperviousness to criticism.

"I do believe, and I think it's the case," Litvin said, "that these people are, in fact, immune to the things that you and I would say are just human nature."