What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Thrice - Vheissu
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ILLEAGLE

Meshuggah- Catch 33
Meshuggah- everything else they've put out
The Red Chord- Prey For Eyes
Neurosis- Given to the Rising
"Focus. The only means to see me back to life's unending swirl. A reversal of passing away, as the world of dead, as away is now my origin..."   ---Meshuggah

mussa

I love Catch 33. That album is so awesome

I just got word of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss recorded an album thats due out Oct. 23rd called Raising Sand. What a combo
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Raising Sand is pretty good btw

ILLEAGLE

Quote from: mussa on October 14, 2007, 05:50:20 PM
I love Catch 33. That album is so awesome

Indeed. Their new release has been pushed back AGAIN. This time to Jan/Feb. Through their site there's a link to a MB. Peter Nordin (former bassist and still friend of the band) posted that what they let him hear terrified him. He basically said they've pushed themselves further than ever and he kind of hinted that this new material will just about render everything previous obsolete. I can barely imagine how that's possible, but after all these years they've never let me down.

Stephen Carpenter (Deftones) put it best when he said that with Meshuggah, you're always waiting for some new band to come along and blow them away but it's just not happening. I couldn't agree more.
"Focus. The only means to see me back to life's unending swirl. A reversal of passing away, as the world of dead, as away is now my origin..."   ---Meshuggah

mussa

wow. i cannot wait for that CD

Geowhizzer

My four-year-old got to choose the music today.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

doesn't the new radiohead come out today?

phattymatty

yeah and you can choose what amount of money to give them for it.  i'm going to choose zero.

mussa

ice grillin you

disgdarklighter 'boomboxcutter'
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

read this in the paper today and immediately thought of murp (no homo)

Danzig Isn't Up to Playing the Fall Guy

Friday, October 26, 2007; C03

Like a tortured soul crooner trapped in a rock dude's body, Glenn Danzig still reigns as heavy metal's ultimate diva. He's spent three decades bellowing for the Misfits, Samhain and his 20-year-old eponymous outfit Danzig, that anguished howl -- and combative temperament -- giving his rudimentary rock tunes a bizarre and compelling depth.

So what could be better than catching a killer set by this man?

Watching that killer set climax with Complete. Danzig. Meltdown.

CDM occurred about halfway through his performance at Rams Head Live in Baltimore on Tuesday night, when an unfortunate misstep sent the 52-year-old toppling off the stage. Things were going great before the wipeout -- the singer's incredibly agile stage moves evoking a Tae Bo routine with copious headbanging. He held the microphone the way a serial killer holds a meat cleaver during "Do You Wear the Mark," a dirgey cut from the 1992 disc "Danzig III: How the Gods Kill."

It was during that album's smoky title track that Danzig had his treacherous slip. He immediately bounced back up as if it never happened, but two songs later CDM kicked in. Embarrassed, or perhaps just in pain, Danzig began sulking through the songs, throwing icy glares at his band mates, reaming out the stagehands. He stormed offstage three times.

After the third huffy exit, it became clear that he wouldn't be returning to the stage with fellow Misfits alum Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein (whose new band, Gorgeous Frankenstein, made its live debut earlier in the evening). Disappointed fans hoping for some Misfits tunes launched into an unprintable chant.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

ha!  if you find a video of that please post.  Danzigs recent musical efforts have been awful at best.   There is some video out there of him getting knocked out backstage when he talks shtein to some big guy which is hilarious.

MURP