CFFFL 2004 - AFC Draft Logistics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 24, 2004, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Wingspan on August 12, 2004, 02:25:49 PMokay...i can do that...if there's an 8 hour time limit. no prob, wont need a list from me. i'll IM you my first pick before noon on sunday though

As long as you get your pick to me, or the draft thread, before 8 p.m. Sunday, we'll be fine.  Fail to do that however, and you're getting Quincy Carter with the first pick.   ;)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

CSD

Just checking in to say I fully understand the draft rules.  :)

phillymic2000

Just sent my selection to Dio, and understand the time frames, other then the first pick I should be available....

JTrotterFan

I'm ready...let's roll!!
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

Reidme

The NFL old standard.

Reidme

Dio, looks like you, me, and Gene are the only ones on the board. So much for a flying start .... and these should be the easy ones, lol.
The NFL old standard.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

CSD

Umm, I've been here for an hour. :-\

I know I'm easy to forget.  :(

Diomedes

I don't have a list for Wingspan, so we wait.

Reidme

Quote from: Diomedes on August 15, 2004, 12:21:29 PM
I don't have a list for Wingspan, so we wait.

How can you not forward the FIRST pick in the draft if you are not gonna be around? Its not like someones gonna take him .... Give him Ricky Williams and lets go ....
The NFL old standard.

CSD

Why even forward it? Just announce it.  :-D

Reidme

Quote from: Wingspan on August 09, 2004, 02:56:42 PM
ok...so sinse i have the #1 pick...and i know for a fact i wont be able to on my computer at noon this coming sunday...

what the heck do i do? send some kind of magic list? can i make my first pick early?

help help help

Quote from: Diomedes on August 09, 2004, 03:16:45 PM
Wingspan:
We will not start the draft early.  Send your pick to me via :CF Private Message, or by email to judasdiomedes@yahoo.com

When I start the draft thread, I'll list your pick.

So I don't know why we are waiting. The guy said he WILL NOT be near a computer today, so either the commish has his pick, or is gonna make his pick, or we can all log off and try again tommorrow. Whats it gonna be Dio?
The NFL old standard.

Diomedes

Quote from: Reidme on August 15, 2004, 12:35:15 PMSo I don't know why we are waiting. The guy said he WILL NOT be near a computer today, so either the commish has his pick, or is gonna make his pick, or we can all log off and try again tommorrow. Whats it gonna be Dio?

Reread the rest of that exchange, Reidme:
Quote from: Diomedes on August 12, 2004, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on August 12, 2004, 02:25:49 PMokay...i can do that...if there's an 8 hour time limit. no prob, wont need a list from me. i'll IM you my first pick before noon on sunday though

As long as you get your pick to me, or the draft thread, before 8 p.m. Sunday, we'll be fine.  Fail to do that however, and you're getting Quincy Carter with the first pick.   ;)

According to the rules, if I don't have a list, then you've got eight hours to get me your pick before I make one for you.  I don't have Wingspan's list, so he's on the clock.
So we wait.

Reidme

Whatever, if we are gonna be laid back about starting this thing, theres no reason for me to hang around the computer all afternoon. I'll check back sometime later tonight. Peace.
The NFL old standard.

Diomedes

Quote from: Reidme on August 15, 2004, 01:03:48 PMWhatever, if we are gonna be laid back about starting this thing,
We are gonna follow the rules, which are clear.  Call that laid back if you need to.

Quote from: Reidme on August 15, 2004, 01:03:48 PM...theres no reason for me to hang around the computer all afternoon. I'll check back sometime later tonight. Peace.
Cool.  Send a list if you know who you want...six names in order of preference and I'll post your pick for you.  Or just wait 'till  you're up.

Let's hope Wingspan get's his pick in, cuz he's going to complain if I'm forced to give him Quincy Carter.   :poison