2004 CF Fantasy Football

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 07, 2004, 09:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Interesting idea NB.  Question though.  Let's say we have 20 teams.  That would be 2 divisions with 10 teams each.  Can players be drafted by a team in each division?  Say you are in one division and I'm in the other, can we both draft McNabb?

joneszilla

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 08, 2004, 04:38:19 PM
Interesting idea NB.  Question though.  Let's say we have 20 teams.  That would be 2 divisions with 10 teams each.  Can players be drafted by a team in each division?  Say you are in one division and I'm in the other, can we both draft McNabb?

Yeah.  Each division is independent of the other.  They draft, trade, and play amongst themselves till the division champs meet in the finals.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 08, 2004, 04:38:19 PM

Yes as it will have no effect on the other league.  Until the CFFFLSB game, or whatever :D  Then the chances of them having identical teams is pretty far fetched.  The chances of the two teams having one or two similar players is very probable, as the one or two players will probably be having monster fantasy football years that helped get those two CF teams to the championship game.  

Still, in the championship game it would come down to the rest of their team, their defense, kickers, TEs, other QB, other RB, etc.  Especially if we did the 2 RBs 2 QBs and 3 WRs set up in each league, then even if the two teams had one or two players on both teams, there still would be plenty of other offensive players to dual it out in the final game.

Chances are thought that they wouldn't have the same players.  But it is something we can all try to put ideas out there and come up with a playoff format for these issues.  

We could even vote on it in a poll, I don't know.  But having one league with 20 people, 1 QB and 1 RB sounds like a painful experience. :-X

I think we will have enough people wanting to get into it that we could easily fill 2 12 team leagues(even 14 teams isn't bad if it goes that far), which I think would be ideal.  10 team leagues are kind of small, but 16+ is too big.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Zanshin on July 08, 2004, 04:03:46 PM
lol...you'll remember taking Marshall Faulk over Priest Holmes forever.  ;)

Yeah I know.  I didn't know what to do, I thought someone would get one of those guys, so I could get one of the top young guys.  Remember I was the one who was "crying" about drafting too early, so that was an early draft pick and at the time there was a LOT of speculation as to Priest Holmes hip, NO ONE knew for sure how that would turn out, as players in the past with the same type of injury had such mixed results on recovery time and recovery at all. :'( :'( Excuses excuses I know, but it is a reasonable excuse, isn't it :boom

troyhstewart

If we could get enough for 2 12 team leagues, that would be my preference over a 16 team leauge.

The only problem I see with 2 leagues is it will make a board draft really confusing, for some of us that is.  :paranoid

RomeyRome

Quote from: troyhstewart on July 08, 2004, 04:56:26 PM
If we could get enough for 2 12 team leagues, that would be my preference over a 16 team leauge.

The only problem I see with 2 leagues is it will make a board draft really confusing, for some of us that is.  :paranoid

WOuldn't there just be 2 different threads, with 2 completely seperate drafts?  Doesn't seem too confusing.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MURP

im down with the 2 different leagues.   There a couple things that need to be ironed out.  

1.  We need a commish for the other league.  And that commish needs to set up there league in the exact same format, be on here to run a draft, and be able to run their league throughout the season without bailing out.  I cant commish two leagues or i'd have two teams in the CFFFL. (duh)

2.  How the playoff format would work.   We have always used weeks 15/16 (4 teams in playoffs)  or weeks 14/15/16 (8 teams in playoffs) because week 17 in the NFL some teams rest their best players.  That screws everything up.    Yahoo playoffs insist on using week 16 in the playoff format.   So the 2 league superbowl  (which we would score on here) would have to be week 17.   Maybe someone has thoughts on this?

RomeyRome

My thoughts are to somehow use 14 and 15 as playoffs.

And then week 16 as the championship game.  Again maybe we'd have to do some of the playoff or championship game here on the message board where we'd still use the same rules and scoring, I don't know.

Or if we did the overall scoring vs. the head to head, then we could just throw all the playoff teams in one league into week 15 and the highest score moves on the champ game, and the same for the other league.  So if each league had 4 playoff teams, then those 4 would go for the highest score in week 15, and then move on to the champ game, as would the 4 playoff teams competing for that one spot in the other league.

What exactly goes into being a commish, in other words what are the general responsiblities/time commitments to it?

MURP

as far as the commish thing... basically the biggest part is the draft on this board is run by the commish.  Posting the threads, keeping track of all the players taken, keeping up on people who slow itdown.   Then you have to manually enter every team over at yahoo when the draft is over.  Decide if a trade goes through and then manually execute the trade itself on yahoo.  Most of the work of the commish is before the season starts.  After that it should be smooth sailing.. hopefully.

We could score the playoffs on here if need be.

I've already made the league I setup contain no more than 10 teams for now.   We need 20 people total to get a nice 2 league setup going.

RomeyRome

Do we want to set the limit at 20, maybe 2 12 team leagues?  I don't know what everyone wants.  I guess we need to get people to commit/sign up somehow and then go from there so we know what we're working with.

Maybe we should start a seperate thread, and have NO comments, or discussions  on it, and have is strictly be a sign up/commitment thread for those who want in.  Then we could get an easy look at who wants in, how many people we have, organized in one place and go from there.  Only a handful of people have committed as of now, maybe some of the people who have played in the past don't want to play, and maybe we just end up with 16 or less and do one league? I don't know.

hbionic

Jacques.....the Commish.

NB...does this mean we would have to sing the Canadian/French National anthem before the games? :P

Tomahawk

I'll be the Second Commish if necessary.

hbionic

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 08, 2004, 06:12:51 PM

Sounds like a race for Commish.......will this require an electoral poll? :evil

RomeyRome

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 08, 2004, 06:12:51 PM

Sounds good to me, unless anyone objects of course.
I don't want to do it, only would do it as last resort. :-X

But if I did it, everyone would have to cease from any bathing, brushing of the teeth, or any other crazy American hygiene rituals, along with singing French and French Canadian songs at all events.