Dodgers 2007

Started by hbionic, April 09, 2007, 11:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Imagine things in L.A. being overpriced and then imagine parking and driving being a hassle.

I, for one, am shocked.

hbionic

Parking before the McCourts- $8
Parking when McCourts got here- $10
Parking this season- $15

farg them.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: hbionic on April 11, 2007, 02:37:16 AM
farg them.

Yes, farg all Dodgers fans and their farging mothers too.

hbionic

methdeez

Hbeezy, I am Dodgers fan too.
I have tickets to about 35 games this year, but I only sit in the outifield with the homies.
I also usually go out and get very wasted after the game, as there are a lot of good local bars near the stadium. Hit me up when you go to a game next time, I have tickets to basically every Friday night game, but I don't use them all the time, b/c I go away a lot on the weekend.

hbionic

Methdeez, check your PM. Werd.

hbionic

PhillyPhreak54

Leeeeeeeeeeeberrrrrrrrthal.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBY BILLY WITZ
Los Angeles Daily News

When Mike Lieberthal returned home this winter, signing a free-agent contract with the Dodgers, little did he know he'd be doing the same thing he did on childhood trips to Dodger Stadium sitting and watching.
"I miss playing," said Lieberthal, who grew up and still lives in Westlake Village. "That's the best part of the day."
Lieberthal was in the lineup Monday night against Arizona, his third start this season, made possible only because Russell Martin caught all 17 innings Sunday against San Diego.
He had just one hit in 10 at-bats entering Monday's game.
The toughest part isn't his batting average, but that he has so few chances to do anything about it.
Martin had caught every inning of the Dodgers' past 10 games, and in that span Lieberthal had just one pinch-hitting chance.
For someone who had been a starter most of his 13-year career with the Phillies, played in at least 130 games from 2002 through 2004 and was on the disabled list twice for a total of eight weeks last season, being healthy and not playing has been an adjustment.
"There's so many things to prepare yourself for as a bench player," said Lieberthal, who has batted .148 over his career as a pinch hitter. "You put in a lot of work. It could get boring after awhile, but it is what it is. Players always talk — you're here for nine hours and the game is three hours, but that's the fun part."
Lieberthal drew interest from St. Louis to back up Yadier Molina and from Texas to play behind Gerald Laird, where he would have played more. But the lure of returning home was stronger — even if he knew he would get less playing time behind Martin.
"It was an easy decision," he said. "I knew Russell's situation. He's like an Ivan Rodriguez or Jason Kendall — he's going to be in the top three in the league in innings caught."
So, as he gathered his belongings to head out to batting practice, it was perhaps with a little more pep in his step.
Said Lieberthal: "It's my own World Series game every week and a half."
Martin didn't quarrel with being given a day off, but didn't ask for one either.
"I got some rest," he said. "I slept for like 12 hours. I'll be ready to go tomorrow