Phillies offseason cont...

Started by MURP, February 02, 2006, 09:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: MURP on February 19, 2006, 12:21:59 PM
I agree Phreak.   I think getting  Rowand was a much better move than the philly media would have you think.

thats because the philly media are a bunch of shteinlickers. most of the athletes hate em. so the media shteins back, and everyone sucks to them.

like the recent donovan interview...the philly media was pissed off at it because he didnt tell them, but went to espn instead.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Rowand thinks games in April are important?  That's just silly.  :paranoid

BigEd76

Abreu missed his flight out of Venezuela and won't be in camp until Tuesday.  Still lazy!  ;)

Sgt PSN

His gate must have been located in foul territory near the wall. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 19, 2006, 09:12:37 PM

that was so bad i actually laughed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on February 19, 2006, 10:12:16 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 19, 2006, 09:12:37 PM

that was so bad i actually laughed

It's true.  If it were anywhere else he would have caught it.  :P

SunMo

QuoteDan Gross | At 69, Harry Kalas has no plans to hang 'em up

WHILE THE upcoming Phillies season is the last on legendary broadcaster Harry Kalas' contract, he has no plans to retire as some fans had worried.

"I'm still enjoying it, and as long as I can still call the games the way they should be called, I'll stick around," Kalas, 69, said Friday.

He told us he's planning to work out a new contract and is eager to head to Florida next month for the Phils' spring-training games, which begin March 2.

On Friday the team announced that Scott Franzke will join its broadcasting team of Kalas, Chris Wheeler, Larry Andersen and Scott Graham. Franzke, 33, will host pre-game and post-game shows and do play-by-play for two innings of Phillies games, aired on the Big Talker 1210 AM.

• Former Action News sports/news anchor Scott Palmer yesterday was named the Phillies' director of media and public affairs. He's worked as a consultant to the team since September.

I love Harry, and he's one of the best ever, but he's definitely losing it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Harry losing a LITTLE bit of it >>> Anyone else
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen