I think I screwed up

Started by FreakisaKearseWord, September 03, 2005, 04:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakisaKearseWord

I traded Steve McNair for Ben Roethlisberger, am I an idiot now?
Here's my Fantasy team

Starters

Steve McNair, getting Ben Roesthlisberger
LaDanian Tomlinson
Kevan Barlow
Torry Holt
Plaxico Burress
Bubba Franks
Josh Brown
Eagles defense

Reserve

Joey Harrington
Ricky Williams
Muhsin Muhammad
Erron Kinney
Neil Rackers
Cowboys defense
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

PhillyPhanInDC

Yeah....that was a pretty awful trade. Did you get anything else for McNair? Big Ben will probably be handing the ball off most of the season. You'd better hope Harrington pans out....he should be your started now.

Is this the first time you've played Fantasy Football? If so, shtein happens, and it is a learning process. While McNair won't light any fires this year, he'll be better statwise that Big Ben by about a mile.

I'd ask for some advice listing some free agents in your league.....you're going to really need to beef up that roster.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

Joey Harringtong and Ben Roethlisberger as your fantasy QBs is about as awful as you can get.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

The good news is that Kyle Orton should be available to pick up for some QB depth.  The bad news is that you need Kyle Orton for QB depth. 

FreakisaKearseWord

Quote from: Diomedes on September 04, 2005, 11:05:24 AM
Joey Harringtong and Ben Roethlisberger as your fantasy QBs is about as awful as you can get.
Well the guy agreed that he'd trade him back once the deal goes through. So I think I've learned my lesson. Don't listen to your friend who's a Steelers fan.

Diomedes

Yeahh, don't listen to any fan's advice to pick up a player from their favorite team in fantasy football.  Do however prey on people's tendency to heed such advice, or to favor their favorite team's players over other, more valuable fantasy options.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

The only team that should matter in Fantasy Football is your own. Everyone is trying to screw you. Always. I'm surprised the guy said he'd give him back. I'd stick it to ya.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

FreakisaKearseWord

Thanks, you guys are awesome, you're like that uncle everyone has who's been to jail and always seems to be drunk.  :)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FreakisaKearseWord on September 04, 2005, 06:04:03 PM
Thanks, you guys are awesome, you're like that uncle everyone has who's been to jail and always seems to be drunk. :)

Except for bionic.  He's the guy in jail taking advantage of your drunk uncle. 

FreakisaKearseWord

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 04, 2005, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: FreakisaKearseWord on September 04, 2005, 06:04:03 PM
Thanks, you guys are awesome, you're like that uncle everyone has who's been to jail and always seems to be drunk. :)

Except for bionic.  He's the guy in jail taking advantage of your drunk uncle. 
I'll run out and get him liquid soap next time.