Week 3 - Arizona Cardinals - Discussion

Started by ice grillin you, September 18, 2012, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on September 24, 2012, 01:44:39 PM
Merrill Reese, the legendary play-by-play voice for the Eagles Radio Network, was so upset by the team's performance that he couldn't even get through the standard "express, written consent" disclaimer without criticizing the team. Reese couldn't even fathom why anybody would even bother rebroadcasting the Eagles' 27-6 drubbing at the hands of the Cardinals:

"...any rebroadcast of today's game is expressly prohibited... rebroadcast? Of this!? I don't think you -- I dare you! ...without the express, written consent of the NFL..."

:boom

Hahaha....it's like Ueker in Major League.

Harry Doyle: That's all we got, one goddamn hit?
Assistant: You can't say goddamn on the air.
Harry Doyle: Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on September 24, 2012, 01:44:39 PM
Merrill Reese, the legendary play-by-play voice for the Eagles Radio Network, was so upset by the team's performance that he couldn't even get through the standard "express, written consent" disclaimer without criticizing the team. Reese couldn't even fathom why anybody would even bother rebroadcasting the Eagles' 27-6 drubbing at the hands of the Cardinals:

"...any rebroadcast of today's game is expressly prohibited... rebroadcast? Of this!? I don't think you -- I dare you! ...without the express, written consent of the NFL..."

:boom

That is awesome.

Zanshin

phattymatty

i haven't read this thread but i assume there was conversation about the penalty that andy took instead of declined? i mean i know they didn't end up getting the first but who takes a 2nd and 26 over a 3rd and 24? still gave them 20 less yards in field position once fitzgerald almost got it. what a shtein show andy reid is.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on September 24, 2012, 06:14:36 PM
i haven't read this thread but i assume there was conversation about the penalty that andy took instead of declined? i mean i know they didn't end up getting the first but who takes a 2nd and 26 over a 3rd and 24? still gave them 20 less yards in field position once fitzgerald almost got it. what a shtein show andy reid is.

Reid wouldn't comment on that after the game because he didn't want to get fined. I heard the explanation on WIP this morning, Eskin spoke to the league official on the sideline. The ref messed up the call and didn't call the penalty until after the play. There was some other reasoning going on but I forget the details. Basically it was the refs that farged up not Reid.

Rome

phattymatty

well they said it was declined at first. then they had that pow wow with andy and it changed to accepted. looked to me like he told them, but i guess that could be true. regardless, thats a dumb call he would make anyway.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

When Andy understands more than the refs and has to explain it to them, then the next sign is locusts, and then we're in the Final Days.