Spads- new age of NFL

Started by MURP, May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MURP

I've been tracking the passing targets throughout the year.

Baskett has been targeted 4 times in the first 3 games. 

Season Total Targets
----------------------------
Westbrook:  22/16
LJ Smith:  20/15
Brown: 19/8
Stallworth: 17/10
Lewis: 10/7
Tapeh: 6/4
Buckhalter: 4/4
Schoebel: 4/2
Baskett:  4/2

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

I wonder how many of those that theey didn't catch arer drops, and how many of those are McNabb throwing at thier feet. Reggie....what happened to your hands?

Anyways, all that proves as far as what option Baskett is, is that if Westbrook, Buckhalter, Stallworth, Brown, LJ, Lewis, Tapeh, and Schoebel are out there with Baskett, then he is the 9th target. That offense will obviously never be run.

When Baskett is on the field, he's out htere in 3 WR sets. In which case he'll probably be the 5th best option to throw too behind the top 2 WR's, the TE, and Westbrook. I doubt he'll break 25 catches this year, unless he becomes targeted more and more....which just won't happen. He's a small role player, that's how he'll remain.

MURP, got a stat on drops? My computer has been slow to bring up your site.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

In which case he'll probably be the 5th best option

hes the 5th best option because he cannot get open in the nfl...thus hes worthless...whether he sucks or not is irrelevant and you bringing it up is being over semantical and just trying to argue

the guy cant play and theres a decent chance he wont even be in the nfl next year...call it what you want
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

I'm just pointing out it's stupid to say either way on a UDFA through 3 games who isn't going to get the ball ahead of Stallworth/Brown/SMith/Westy when he's on the field.

I don't care if he isn't in the NFL next year, as long as Avant steps up and becomes the slot guy. I hope they try and get him on the field more (or, just activate him) as the year goes on.

ice grillin you

I'm just pointing out it's stupid to say either way on a UDFA through 3 games who isn't going to get the ball ahead of Stallworth/Brown/SMith/Westy when he's on the field.

forget three regular season games....it took me less than three days of watching him in training camp to see exactly what he was gonna be
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

Quote from: Munson on September 29, 2006, 03:04:37 PM

MURP, got a stat on drops? My computer has been slow to bring up your site.

Yes.  I track drops also.

QuoteSeason Total Dropped Passes:

Stallworth:  3
Brown:        3
Westbrook: 3
LJ Smith:    2
Tapeh:        2
Schoebel:   1
Lewis:        1

Munson

It seems like more then that from Reggie. I hope the dropsies get cured when the games count...