Fantasy Idea: Eagles offseason MOCK idea?

Started by mikey418, February 09, 2005, 08:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

Hey Everyone,
Just had a little idea for an off-season contest.  Why not post what you think will happen this offseason.  Person with the total points will win.  You have to guess who the Eagles will resign, who will they let walk, if they tag a player, and who they sign in free agency.  Also, what positions they will draft with their first 5 picks. 

Scoring will be +2 point for getting a correct transaction/decision, and -1 point for a wrong decision or guessing something will happen that doesn't (like the Eagles acquiring AJ Feeley in a trade with Miami for Donovan McNabb/TO).

This isn't the 'official' thread, just wanted to see who would be interested in taking part in this.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

MURP

sounds like fun to me.  Your in charge Mikey.

mikey418

Well I guess this is a go, and I'll take charge.  Post in this thread if you're interested, then I'll make an announcement to PM me your picks.  I'll then post everyones on here and will do my best to keep up to date.

mikey418

Ok....so not getting a lot of interest here.  PM me your "list" by Sunday night.  Here is a list of the Eagle FAs you must make a prediction(resign, let go, or retire).  Use this as a template for your submission. 2 points will be awarded for a correct 'decision' and 1 point will be deducted for an incorrect 'decision'.

FAs
LB Keith Adams
LB Wood Choppin' Trotter
QB Jeff Blake
RB Correll Buckhalter
DE Derrick Burgess
DE Hugh Douglas
RB Dorsey Levens
TE Chad Lewis 
OG Jermane Mayberry
LB Ike Reese
FB Jon Ritchie
DT Corey Simon

RFA
RB Brian Westbrook
OL Ian Allen

Other offseason predictions(FA signings, player releases, player trades)

MURP

take the draft stuff out of it since we will already have 2 other draft contests going on.

Father Demon

I sent mine in... Mikey -- just delete my draft section per MURP's suggestion
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mikey418

Also, no credit will be given to non-credible predictions.  Meaning that you cannot make a prediction that McNabb will NOT be released and get credit.  Stick to current topics a la Freddie Mitchell/Mark Sims/Nate Wayne status and FA signings for the "Other Offseason predictions". 

And if you think someone is going to be tagged, you can try for another correct prediction if you say that they will either:
- be signed
- will play under that tag for the year
- if they will be signed by another team giving the Eagles compensation.

mikey418

Only received predictions from 2 people....get them in people.  Deadline is Monday 7am.

RomeyRome

Quote from: mikey418 on February 11, 2005, 08:59:49 AM
Only received predictions from 2 people....get them in people.  Deadline is Monday 7am.

Why so early?  FA doesn't start until March, why not have the deadline be Feb. 28th or something?  I guess maybe the Eagles could make a trade between now and then but that is highly unlikely.

Do what you want of course, just a suggestion.

MDS

I am one of those 2 people and I nailed the Simon franchised thing. Go me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

Quote from: MDS on February 11, 2005, 06:09:37 PM
I am one of those 2 people and I nailed the Simon franchised thing. Go me.

Ditto.  We're tied    :-D
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mikey418

Quote from: NB on February 11, 2005, 05:36:48 PM
Quote from: mikey418 on February 11, 2005, 08:59:49 AM

Why so early? FA doesn't start until March, why not have the deadline be Feb. 28th or something? I guess maybe the Eagles could make a trade between now and then but that is highly unlikely.

Do what you want of course, just a suggestion.

We'll give it another week, but for those that have entered submissions get credit for the Simon franchise and anything else that may happen between now and next Monday.