The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Oh, you 2 are just the silliest.

Rome

No.  I'll question his Damaris Johnson comparison.

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on January 25, 2013, 01:20:31 PM
Plus his fictional girl is hot as balls.  In fact I'm squirting just thinking about Te'o being an Eagle.

Point it the other direction, you're spraying me a little.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Whereas you'd like him to spray you a lot.

Dillen

New rumors Eagles are interested in Ravens LB coach Ed Monachino as DC

ice grillin you

ted

that would be a refeshing high ceiling hire

IN
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Never heard of him before but yeah, he looks good enough for me.  Look test pass, that's for sure.  It'd good to have a DC on 'roids.  What do I know?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

QuoteTim_McManus
One name I was told to keep an eye on in Eagles DC search is Billy Davis, currently LB coach for Browns.

Bio

meh

PhillyPhanInDC

Interviewed:

Billy Davis interviews for Eagles defensive coordinator

Posted by Josh Alper on January 28, 2013, 11:21 AM EST

We shared earlier that the Eagles' search for a defensive coordinator included a couple of coaches who have a pretty big game coming up on Sunday, but they aren't limiting their search to members of the Ravens and 49ers coaching staffs.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Browns linebacker coach Billy Davis interviewed for the job on Sunday. Davis has been with the Browns for the last two seasons, but isn't currently listed on the team's website as a member of the coaching staff. That would suggest that he won't be working with new Browns coordinator Ray Horton even if he doesn't get the job in Philly.

Davis has had two stints as a defensive coordinator. He held the job for the 49ers in 2005 and 2006 and then ran the Cardinals defense in 2009 and 2010. Only the 2009 Cardinals team was even in the middle of the pack defensively, which explains why Davis moved back down to being a position coach after getting replaced by Horton in Arizona.

Pat Shurmur, Davis' former boss in Cleveland, is set to be the offensive coordinator for the Eagles. Whether or not that helps his cause remains to be seen since the Eagles still seem to have more people to meet before they pull the trigger on a new coordinator.

They're definitely switching to a 3-4.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

I'm fine with him as a position coach.  He made Gocong look good. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

hbionic

lol @ Gocong. The sooner I can wipe names like that from my memory, the better I'll be.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

Danny Watkins, Te'o Neshim and Jaiquawn Jarrett said hi.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.