Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: hunt on December 11, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
:-D
my faith isn't gonna help foles scramble away from the d-linemen who beat big-v and whatever dreck is playing LG.  best case, he can game manage them to wins against the giants & raiders.  but once the playoffs start & they face elite defenses, it's gonna be ugly.

that's the key IMO, game management and some how, on guts, running the ball and great defense they sneak out a win in the divisional round.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

There's not a team in the NFC that the Eagles couldn't demolish with Wentz at QB.   Conversely there isn't a team they COULD demolish with Gomer Pyle running the show. 

The bye is enormously important now.  Get it and they won't be facing a hot wildcard team plus everyone on defense who is banged up gets a week of rest.  They looked like hot garbage yesterday and that's just as concerning to me as how Foles plays. 

MDS

Quote from: AntiRome on December 11, 2017, 09:05:32 AM
They looked like hot garbage yesterday and that's just as concerning to me as how Foles plays.

they gave up 3 touchdowns to a great offense. 1 score came off a short field, the other was a punt block.

the tackling at times was putrid and gurley had more space to operate than youd like, but 21 SU points to an elite offense with an elite playcaller isn't bad. to win with nick foles they will need to be much better, though.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Wentz has been making a lot of other people look good. He's ridiculous. The Eagles offense was never firing on all cylinders. The Eagles offense works because Wentz makes those plays on 3rd and anything. That's gone. On top of that, he does 100 things that Foles can't do. If Foles can be a game manager, great. Unfortunately you need to be a hell of a lot of more than a game manager if you want this offense to look anything like it's looked in the first 13 games. With an effective game manager, they'll be able to limp into the playoffs with another win or two in their pocket. And that's as far as the story of this season goes.

If you don't understand the full value that Wentz has been bringing to this offense, believe me, you're about to see it.

Sgt PSN

smeags

limping into the playoffs is pretty much the best any of us have to look forward to.

Butchers Bill

In my lifetime, I have seen stiffs like Jeff Hoestetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco win Super Bowl rings. 

Why not Foles, especially when compared to those guys?  The defense needs to step it up, Douggie needs to adjust and lean on the run game, and the O-line needs to mash people.

I am not giving up yet.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

SD

Quote from: hunt on December 11, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
:-D
my faith isn't gonna help foles scramble away from the d-linemen who beat big-v and whatever dreck is playing LG.  best case, he can game manage them to wins against the giants & raiders.  but once the playoffs start & they face elite defenses, it's gonna be ugly.

If Peters and wis were healthy I could see them salvaging one playoff win. The only real chance they have here is to ground it out with Ajayi and hope they can use play action. But Doug is like Andy, so I'm expecting 40+ passes for Foles.

They need to stop giving the ball to Blount

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

The only silver lining is Foles is on the roster and not Daniel.   Still, it's a matter of degrees sadly.

Pederson needs to revamp the offense on the fly.  This team should become Ajayi 25 times a game now and hope Foles pulls a Keenum. 

I'm not expecting much.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AO1 on December 11, 2017, 10:23:19 AM
But Doug is like Andy, so I'm expecting 40+ passes for Foles.

Stop. Eagles are one of the most balanced teams in the league when it comes to run/pass ratio.

Andy was pretty balanced in his play calling as well. His situational play calling sucked though and he was predictable, but I think Doug has actually been better calling plays this year than Andy ever was outside of maybe 04 when the offense could practically do no wrong.

smeags

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Butchers Bill on December 11, 2017, 10:17:49 AM
In my lifetime, I have seen stiffs like Jeff Hoestetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco win Super Bowl rings. 

Why not Foles, especially when compared to those guys?  The defense needs to step it up, Douggie needs to adjust and lean on the run game, and the O-line needs to mash people.

I am not giving up yet.

Agree

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 11, 2017, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Butchers Bill on December 11, 2017, 10:17:49 AM

I am not giving up yet.

Agree

I am sure that, nobody, I mean nobody here, will rip you for being this positive.  :sly

PhillyPhreak54

Here? Never!

A cornucopia of positive feelings around here