Steelers Tailgate

Started by fansince61, September 08, 2008, 03:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

so where are your tix at havas, want to know what kind of seats im dealin with.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

What was the Steeler turnout like? Didn't look like there were many fans in the crowd.

ice grillin you

way less than i thought...i was very proud of the eagle fans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

And this guy on the EMB is angry...

QuoteOpen Letter to all fellow Eagles Season Ticket Holders

Everyone who is a current Eagles season ticket holder should be shocked, angered, and embarrassed about what they witnessed at the Linc yesterday. At no other time has an opposing teams fans taken over our house like yesterday. There was an endless sea of gold and black as far, far too many Steelers fans were in the stadium. At one point I witnessed a group of gold and black wearing fans declare "This is a home game!" and after looking around and up the steps walking into the stadium is was hard to argue with his logic. If I saw that much Eagles green at an opposing stadium I would have made a similar comment. I won't even bring up the "Heeeeath" Miller chant in the first quarter, that was vomit inducing.

There is one and only one group of people to blame for this, Eagles season ticket holders. I know ticket brokers exist but they make up a very small percentage of season tickets. No, the majority of people wearing Steelers jerseys and carrying terrible towels were sold those tickets by so called "Eagles fans" who no doubt declare themselves "long-time season ticket holders" to everyone who will listen, as a badge of their fan hood, but are only looking to make a buck. It's obvious there is a far too large a percentage of fraud, yes FRAUD, Eagles season ticket holders, and they should be ashamed of themselves for embarrassing the faithful by selling out like that. If I had my way I would have gotten every seat number of those Steelers fans, tracked down the tool who put them on Ebay and have their seats revoked. Those tickets would be available for 5 minutes before being snatched up by real fans.

You can't blame the Steelers fans for showing up. All Eagles season ticket holders need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they are really fans, or just complete fakes who mailed in a check in the off season. This can't continue.

Thank you for your time.

SunMo

that dude is overreacting to the highest degree.  there are way more Giants fans or Cowboys fans for one of those games.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Speaking of Cowboy fans....

The MNF game against the Eagles had 640 listings on eBay.

I tried telling my boy that was a really high amount. So he asked me to look at the Steelers/Eagles listings. There were 70 listings for tickets to the game.

Most of the Dallas fans sold out and quite a few showed up mid-2nd and a few in our section even showed after halftime.

ice grillin you

with the demand for tickets that exists now there will never be a "takeover" at an eagle game again...that guy should have went to some dallas games at the vet when the eagles sucked...those were takeovers...

Seabiscuit36

I'm only 15k away from hanging with Havas on sundays
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i plan on living forever and hanging with you at games when that time comes

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2008, 08:29:46 PM
i plan on living forever and hanging with you at games when that time comes
say word....

this year that will be Atl and Browns
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: SunMo on September 22, 2008, 07:40:01 PM
that dude is overreacting to the highest degree.  there are way more Giants fans or Cowboys fans for one of those games.

That wasn't my observation. There seemed to be way more opposing team fans for this game than nearly any other time I've seen. It was quite embarrassing to hear them all cheering at times.

MDS

im not allowed to hang out with havas on sundays, he deemed me unworthy of getting tickets from him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

not unworthy but you dont crack my top 25 of people i would call if i had an extra

MDS

as long as im over fastfreddie im good

ice grillin you

i dont give my tickets to pubs