who wins?

flyers
5 (35.7%)
french canucks
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Rome

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

all depends on the 20 year old goalie...he looked like patrick roy last series early and in game seven and like roman cechmanek in the middle of the series

if hes terrible all series it could be flyers in seven

if hes average its canadiens in six

if hes great its canadiens in 4 or 5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I don't really see the Flyers having much of a shot in this series. Montreal is too good as a team. Ovechkin and Huet gave the Caps a chance to win against anyone. Montreal doesn't have to lean on one or two players like that...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

neither do the flyers.  they have six guys with 20 or more goals.  i agree with igy about goaltending being the key to this one.  if biron stands on his head the flyers have a legit shot.  if he doesn't the series will be over before this time next week.

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 08:48:29 AM
all depends on the 20 year old goalie...he looked like patrick roy last series early and in game seven and like roman cechmanek in the middle of the series

Can you ever take a single position, and wait it out to see if you are right or wrong like the rest of us?  Enough with the hedging....  It's a Hoyda move.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Habs in 6

Price is beatable but they play a stingy D and are even bigger and more physical than the Caps. Flyers just don't match up well with them.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Father Demon on April 23, 2008, 09:26:09 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 08:48:29 AM

Can you ever take a single position, and wait it out to see if you are right or wrong like the rest of us?  Enough with the hedging....  It's a Hoyda move.

haha...first i make to many calls that are written stone no possibility of being wrong...now im hedging to much...make up your mind you woman

habs in four

rjs246

Quote from: Rome on April 23, 2008, 09:14:36 AM
neither do the flyers.  they have six guys with 20 or more goals.  i agree with igy about goaltending being the key to this one.  if biron stands on his head the flyers have a legit shot.  if he doesn't the series will be over before this time next week.

The Flyers are the Canadiens, only they do everything just a little bit worse. Not as much scoring, not as good in their own end, goal tending not as good... they are playing the team they hope to become. Habs in 6.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

flyers are nothing like the canadiens in fact they are almost polar opposites...just about all the candadiens can skate like the wind and have excellent puck skills...the flyers are dump and chase and work the corners...these differences are why they havent matched up with montreal well over the last three four years (altho this flyer team is not quite as sloth like as some in the past)

SD_Eagle5

Komisarek is going to be the difference in this series. The Caps didn't have a defenseman like him who can dominate forwards.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 23, 2008, 10:35:28 AM
Komisarek is going to be the difference in this series. The Caps didn't have a defenseman like him who can dominate forwards.

i agree and defense as a whole will be the difference...the caps defenseman were horrible and if they had played a team that could finish they would have gotten swept with all the turnovers they gave up...

montreals defense on the other hand can move the puck better than any in the nhl...i think most people will say the flyers need to punish montreals d and amp up their forecheck but i disagree...i think they need to keep a man high to counteract montreals superior break out ability...they are an extremely hard team to forecheck