The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Boldin is pretty much the polar opposite to DeSean Jackson, which is why he'd be a good fit.  Also, I think he's going to be more consistent and generally has a lower risk of missing time due to injury.

So, I'm on the record.  I'd give up a first round pick for Boldin but would question doing so for Edwards.

DH

I wouldnt give up a 1st for Edwards in a normal draft year...but, in a draft where you have 2 1st rounders? YES.

On the record.

reese125

without question

either Edwards/Boldin and Jackson tandem would be ridiculous

Tomahawk

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 23, 2009, 01:10:52 PM
Boldin is pretty much the polar opposite to DeSean Jackson, which is why he'd be a good fit.  Also, I think he's going to be more consistent and generally has a lower risk of missing time due to injury.

So, I'm on the record.  I'd give up a first round pick for Boldin but would question doing so for Edwards.

As long as he can keep from breaking his Hoyda face

PoopyfaceMcGee

True enough.

I should also say that the Eagles FO actually parting with a #1 pick for anybody would be newsworthy enough that I'd convince myself to like the move.  But basically, I think Boldin is a better fit.  Plus, Edwards issues with drops are not a good match with Donovan's issues with accuracy.

Tomahawk

I completely agree. Edwards has had one good season where he scored 16 TDs. Obviously that's a lot, but I'd say it's more of an aberration than the norm. And he seems to be more of a speed guy, making Boldin a better complement for Jackson

*edited as to not confuse/upset Irishmen with coat hangers

reese125

damn..I wasnt aware he was 2nd in the league in 2007 for drops as well. I dont like that pattern one bit

Tomahawk

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 23, 2009, 03:04:17 PM
abherrtion

that word likes like the way an irishman would say abortion.

DH

I don't think the 16 TD year was a complete aberration. Think about it - he finally had someone behind center. Before that breakout season from Anderson, he had guys like Trent Dilfer and Charlie Frye throwing him the rock. I think last year may have been the aberration when once again he went through a litany of shtein QB's when Anderson went down. I know he hasn't consistently showed this, but I think he will be a 80 catch, 1,200 yard, 11 TD guy in a system where he would be used effectively - with a stable QB (insert McNabb joke here). Obviously, this team loves to throw, so....

reese125

no matter the qb Die, its not like he was attemting acrobat catched due to poor throws--the ball was placed dead in his hands and he dropped them and when he was completely wide open.

can you imagine that guys psyche in this town after a game with that many drops--he may never catch a ball again

DH

Understood...when he drops a ball, it's a catch that most of us can make. And yes, this city would not take too kindly to a guy who drops balls at his frequency. I played WR...dropping balls isnt a hard thing to fix. It's about concentration and focus, or a lack thereof in Edwards case. The season which he flourished, not only did he have a top QB (albiet just for 1 season), but he played on a team that was in the playoff race till the final quarter of the final game of the season. Maybe that was motivation for him to keep focus. Who knows? But a guy doesnt just have a 16TD, 1300 yard season by accident. 

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 23, 2009, 01:10:52 PM

This here.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews