The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 10:04:14 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 09:57:29 AM
How could he return?  Won't he be in prison?

His offense was likely not heinous enough for him to go to jail.  He'll buy his way out of it.

NY has mandatory prison for gun violations, don't they?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's tough to say.  He's rich, but he's black.  Could go either way.

Diomedes

money trumps race

still, he's going to have a hard time avoiding prison from what I can tell
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

mandy three year minimum is the law on the books for an unregistered weapon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 10:04:14 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 09:57:29 AM
How could he return?  Won't he be in prison?

His offense was likely not heinous enough for him to go to jail.  He'll buy his way out of it.

NY has mandatory prison for gun violations, don't they?

Bloombergs law is a manditory jail sentence - and he came out after the incident and said Plaxico will be treated like anyone else who committed the same offense.

To be honest, there should be no reason why he wouldnt go to jail.

Feva

Sooooo, what are we looking at here?  4 days in jail and a $500,000 fine/donation to Bloomberg's favorite charity?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Magical_Retard

Bloomey has a hard on for two things at the moment...putting Plax away and fighting for Israel. Hopefully he puts Plax in jail before he goes to combat only to be shot at in friendly fire.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Diomedes

NY Times on the Giants packing out their locker room.  Meanwhile in other news, the Eagles are preparing for another game, and they get another paycheck.  Giants Suck.

QuoteJanuary 13, 2009
Giants Pack, Leaving a Load of Issues
By JOE LAPOINTE

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — As Giants players loaded bags with their locker contents Monday, one stall that stayed cluttered belonged, oddly enough, to Plaxico Burress, whose season ended long before the team was eliminated from the N.F.L. playoffs.

Burress's space, which is situated next to quarterback Eli Manning's, was still filled with warm-up clothes, a dozen pairs of shoes, gloves, pictures of his family and various green-and-white mementos from Michigan State, where he played in college.

A prayer fastened on an inside wall of the locker ended with the words, "I'm thanking you because Father, you haven't given up on me." On what felt like the last day of school, Burress, the Giants' truant student, was not there in body but was still on everyone's mind.

Burress might have made a difference in the Giants' 23-11 loss Sunday to Philadelphia, which sent the Eagles to the National Football Conference championship game at Arizona this Sunday. The winner of that game will play Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

Or, perhaps Burress would not have helped. He already had a hamstring injury when he accidentally shot himself on Nov. 29. Hamstrings sometimes need time to heal. His health, his legal affairs and his roster status will occupy much of the off-season.

Jerry Reese, the team's general manager, said Burress "has certain things in his personal life he needs to get cleaned up." When asked if the Giants would accept him back, Reese said, "Never say never."

Burress has been in physical rehabilitation for his wound, Reese said. He compared Burress to Spider-Man for his size and pass-catching skills. "I want to see him be O.K. as a person, turn over a new leaf in his life, take care of himself first," Reese said.

Other issues facing the Giants, who failed to successfully defend their Super Bowl title, include the free agency of their two top running backs, Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward, as well as safety James Butler and Amani Toomer, the veteran receiver.

Steve Spagnuolo, the defensive coordinator, is a candidate to coach the Jets, the Detroit Lions and the St. Louis Rams. The Giants have two kickers, John Carney and Lawrence Tynes, for one role. "There's always changes," Reese said.

Jacobs said again Monday that he hoped to return to the Giants, his team since his rookie year of 2005, but that it was a matter of money. "Change with us is going to come down to presidents," Jacobs said, referring to the images on currency. "Set ourselves up after this violent sport is over."

Jacobs played the last few games with a sore left knee. He said he did not expect to have surgery. Justin Tuck, a defensive end, played with various injuries to his right leg. Tuck and Coach Tom Coughlin said no surgery was expected, but they did not sound certain.

Tuck said, "At this point, no," and Coughlin said, "I don't think so." But Coughlin added: "It takes time. It's going to need to be rested." He also said that he told players that if they needed surgery, they should have it done right away.

Tuck said he was planning to go to the Pro Bowl, which will be played Feb. 8 in Hawaii. He wore a blue varsity-style jacket with an old-school Giants logo of a player passing a ball above the old Yankee Stadium, before it was remodeled.

Sack totals dropped drastically in the late season for Tuck and his teammates on the defensive line. "Pretty banged up," Tuck said of their injuries.

Most players were available to reporters Monday. But noticeable in his absence for a second day was Antonio Pierce.

Pierce is the middle linebacker and a captain, a key spokesman. But his performance sagged noticeably after he was with Burress in a Manhattan nightclub when Burress wounded himself in the thigh.

Pierce was at the team meeting Monday, and Coughlin said they spoke. "He's sorrowful, disappointed, probably a little bit discouraged," Coughlin said. "How many times are you the No. 1 seed? I'm sure he's reflecting on that today."

Pierce said often in recent weeks that he was tired. He is 30 and has played eight seasons. It is not out of the question that the Giants would use free agency, trades or the draft to seek out another middle linebacker.

They also may seek receivers. Burress has been charged with two felonies, and Reese said it would not be smart to put "all your eggs in that basket." The N.F.L. Players Association has filed a grievance against the Giants seeking to recover Burress's pay.

Burress has four years remaining on a five-year, $35 million contract signed hours before the season's first game. Toomer, Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon and other receivers were unable to replace the connection that Burress had with Manning.

Manning said Burress had not returned his messages. But David Tyree, an injured receiver who missed the season after last winter's Super Bowl heroics, said he has been in contact with Burress recently.

"The cloak of invincibility has now passed," Tyree said, seemingly speaking of Burress and the team in general. Tyree is religious and frequently speaks of it, including his own transformation from a wayward lifestyle.

"People want to see you pay for the mistakes you make," Tyree said of Burress. "Are you going to be the one to tear him down or to build him up?"

Manning, who was unshaven and looked tired Monday, passed poorly Sunday. Of Burress, he said, "Hopefully, you learn from your mistakes." Of himself against the Eagles, he said: "I didn't play my best. I definitely could have played better."

Coughlin, who avoided questions about Burress, said of the team and the end of the season: "It's not a good day. It's not a happy day. It's a long day. It's a tough day. Maybe it hurts more than it ever has hurt."

The Giants' locker room is also their daily clubhouse beginning in late August, and it bears their personal touches. On the cinderblock wall next to Zak DeOssie's locker is something called the "High-Motor White Guy Hall of Fame." As of Monday, those pictures remained, including a black-and-white photo of Coughlin as a Syracuse receiver in the 1960s.

Next to Ward's locker was a list of "shower pill" players, those who leave without taking showers after workouts. "That stays," Ward said.

On the other side of the room, on the floor next to Kareem McKenzie's corner locker, was the teddy bear that McKenzie decorated with a leg bandage and more recently with little shoulder pads.

McKenzie was asked where the bear would hibernate. "He stays here all winter," he said. "He's been here three years now. I come in and check on him every once in a while."

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's a nice level of turmoil in their player personnel:

-Jacobs is not going to give them a discount.
-Their WR's are certainly not fine.
-Pierce not scaring anyone anymore.

Good times.

Diomedes

The coaching staff will be changing again as well.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Not necessarily.  Spagnuolo isn't nearly as "hot" a candidate as he was last year.

Diomedes

I think he'll be lured away.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 13, 2009, 10:02:02 AM
Not necessarily.  Spagnuolo isn't nearly as "hot" a candidate as he was last year.

Too many openings around the league for him not to get one of them.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

i dont think hes thought of any less now than last year...the defense was still nice this season and the strahan retirement and osi injury allow him some leeway if he even needs any which i dont think he does
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54