Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 19, 2017, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: AO1 on December 19, 2017, 09:56:57 AM
A larger portion of society reads bullet points. I'm not disagreeing people still read articles. I used to read the Inquirer/Daily News cover to cover daily. Not anymore.

but you skipped over the point. you bragged about your degree and how educated you were. and that you USED to read the newspaper everyday. even the supposed smart, plugged in people arent enriching themselves. what hope is there for the dregs of socirty? wha ha happen mr. college?

I read plenty of articles. Like I said, I already knew what the content of the Gorsuch article was going to be before I clicked on it but I read it anyway. Believe it or not I read most of the stuff you guys post. Go back a few pages when J posted an article about Roy Moore and Vietnam.

I've gotten away from a lot of local sports articles unless it involves offseason moves or trade rumors. I'm cocky but I really believe I know more than most reporters. I knew more than most of the hosts and producers at the fanatic. To be honest with my work schedule (70 hours a week) and having to raise a daughter 24/7 by myself I don't have the time to invest in reading articles or watching as much sports as I'd like. I was an NBA junkie my whole life, aside from the Sixers I admittedly turned a blind eye to the NBA after the Lakers won 3 championships. I'm not bitter, I admit they were better than the Sixers, but the semi finals against the Blazers and Kings were so heavily influenced by officiating I lost interest. I'll still tune into the random game occasionally but when I want to catch up on the league I'll glance at some articles, look at the standings, and occasionally tune into ESPN for updates. Same goes for the NHL and MLB for the most part. There's just too much to keep up with. Football is easier, there's only a game a week. Anyway, I went way off track. I still read articles. Just not as many. But I don't assume content based off headlines because I know better.

smeags

ok so in summary, new articles are still good to read.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on December 19, 2017, 11:56:28 AM
in short, support good journalism

I agree with you, which makes it two times in one week that I have.

stop ?

MDS

what was the other time? also stop breathing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on December 19, 2017, 12:20:31 PM
what was the other time? also stop breathing.

something about AAU ruining pitching arms.

now, drink hemlock.

MDS

pathetic sleazebucket fitzpatrick voted for this atrocity of a bill

bye boy

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 19, 2017, 02:48:08 PM
pathetic sleazebucket fitzpatrick voted for this atrocity of a bill

bye boy

and you're surprised why? I called his office and left a message after he reached out, no ones gotten back to me. 2018.

Tomahawk

Quote from: MDS on December 19, 2017, 09:12:50 AM
yes news outlets should provide content free of charge for you, but you should definitely get paid when you work

god damn whoring reporters, thinking they can earn a salary

It's not the reporters; the issue is the paper/site using the fear tactic statement of "democracy dies in darkness" to encourage people to subscribe. By forcing people to pay for their content, their primary concern cannot be the salvation of democracy.

Diomedes

Before now I've assumed you're trolling on this point, as you've belabored it a few times, and its ridiculous.  But now I wonder. 

Fear tactic?  Forcing people?   Uh...no.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 19, 2017, 10:55:09 PM
yes news outlets should provide content free of charge for you, but you should definitely get paid when you work

It's not the reporters; the issue is the paper/site using the fear tactic statement of "democracy dies in darkness" to encourage people to subscribe. By forcing people to pay for their content, their primary concern cannot be the salvation of democracy.

huh?....new hampshire puts 'live free or die' on their license plate...have they scared you into moving there yet?

the 'democracy dies in darkness' refers to the post holding people in positions of power accountable and attacks on a free press.....not shakin you down for cash...the kind of in depth reporting they do takes tons of peoples time and tons of the papers money yet what they provide is invaluable....were newspapers forcing you to put a quarter in a machine when their content was only available in print?

here you go - https://washpostshop.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/democracy-dies-in-darkness-t-shirt-1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 19, 2017, 10:55:09 PM

so the paper should be a charity?

smeags

i think hawk misinterpreted the term, free press.

MDS

hawk, realizing where the money comes from that pays reporters and editors and support staff

ice grillin you

CHIP which gives health care to over 9 million poor children not being renewed...."possibly" next year

farging monsters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous