Jaws On WIP: Falcons Blitzed 38 Times

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 15, 2005, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinoyboy2pt0

I don't understand why Reid has a hard on for passing the ball.  He'll pass the ball - almost Martz like - until he loses and then he'll go back to the run.  Then he'll slowly take out the runs, replace them with passes, and we're back where we started again by playoff time.  They're bringing pressure?  Let's go 5 WR and pass!  I would love to see Reid go Belichick and have 8 guys in blocking and send TO and G-Lew out there to run routes.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

MadMarchHare

Add to the NFC South, they gotta play the AFC East too.
Anyone but Reid.

WEST is GOD

Whenever teams blitz the Eagles a ton, the Eagles don't handle it well. The Eagles need to figure out a way to beat this strategy. I think running the ball could help, but we need a better FB to lead block.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

RezRob

Shotgun we need to use it more, plus it sounds cool.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Avenger on September 15, 2005, 04:05:03 PM
Whenever teams blitz the Eagles a ton, the Eagles don't handle it well. The Eagles need to figure out a way to beat this strategy. I think running the ball could help, but we need a better FB to lead block.

Yep.

bleufunk

draws and screens would worked nicely if attempted.  as much as commentators suck off the eagles for being one of the best screen teams I don't remember them attempting many.

RezRob

Official GreenBay Correspondent...

ice grillin you

im not saying to not employ it...because it serves a purpose...but the shotgun is a highly overrated solution to avoiding the blitz...some people even believe it opens up the qb to the blitz moreso
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Man, I would looove to see the shotgun more, a lot more. What the hell, most teams know we aren't gonna' run much anywayz. I know it's been said a lot also that Reid should call the bootleg more, but I think he wants  Donovan in the pocket, for whatever reason, but when a team blitzes you 38 friggen' times, it's time to roll out. I'd like to see the WR screen to TO like McNabb used to throw to Pinky. I remember Murph said it only would work if we had Randy Moss. Well, we don't have Moss, but we have someone just as good if not better.

I think Jaws is one of the best anylist in the NFL, so yeah '54', I'll cram it about TO loafing. I respect Jaws's opinion, he knows more about the game than anyone here, and although I've looked at replays a few times, I guarantee you nobody has gone over the films like he has.

I'll just be glad when Sunday gets here so we can stop talking about the friggen' Falcons. And I want to see the 'Woodchopa' back in action. Somebody is gonna' pay dearly for last Monday.

TexasEagle

Quote from: bleufunk on September 15, 2005, 04:20:11 PM
draws and screens would worked nicely if attempted. as much as commentators suck off the eagles for being one of the best screen teams I don't remember them attempting many.

I think since the talking heads have been droning on about how many screens the Eagles run Andy's been cutting back on them. I remember when Westbrook first started to be utilized it was screen after screen after screen. Then more recently he's been shifting and flexing to a wr spot and catching passes in the field and less on screens.

I hope Moats gets to play soon. I want to see him work with the first team.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 15, 2005, 04:26:22 PM
im not saying to not employ it...because it serves a purpose...but the shotgun is a highly overrated solution to avoiding the blitz...some people even believe it opens up the qb to the blitz moreso

Yeah, the downside to the shotgun is that the QB needs to take his eye off the field even if only for a split second so that he can handle the snap. 

The best counter to a blitz isn't really the shotgun, it's screens and traps imo. 

ice grillin you

Yeah, the downside to the shotgun is that the QB needs to take his eye off the field even if only for a split second so that he can handle the snap

not just that but it opens up the edges allowing speed rushers to do what they most like to do and that is to get outside and not have to deal with guards and other traffic inside
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 15, 2005, 04:35:44 PM
Yeah, the downside to the shotgun is that the QB needs to take his eye off the field even if only for a split second so that he can handle the snap

not just that but it opens up the edges allowing speed rushers to do what they most like to do and that is to get outside and not have to deal with guards and other traffic inside

All true, but it also gives the qb more time to look over the field and gets him almost twice as far back from the line of scrimmage making it harder for d-lineman to get to him before he gets the ball off. I'm not saying it's the best way to beat the blitz, but it's just as good as a screen or bootleg.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can solve this riddle... is it easier to pass out of the 'gun on Madden 2006?  Because if so, that's the way to go.

MURP

Eagles dont even have the shotgun in 06.