farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i would wish death on TO, but like Obi Wan, striking him down would only make him more powerful than i could ever imagine  :-\
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Bill doesn't take shtein from players. If TO pulls his crap, his head will wind up on a pike.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 21, 2006, 04:04:02 PM
I just think it's hilarious that you're all able to convince yourselves that T.O. won't make the Cowboys better in 2006.

He'll have a good year.

But this situation is just overflowing with meltdown possibilities.

reid don't do his laundry in public. Parcells does. That alone will be worth watching.

and who will Skeletor stick up for? His boy Tuna or TO?

SunMo

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 21, 2006, 04:08:53 PM
Bill doesn't take shtein from players. If TO pulls his crap, his head will wind up on a pike.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2006, 04:09:32 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on March 21, 2006, 04:04:02 PM
I just think it's hilarious that you're all able to convince yourselves that T.O. won't make the Cowboys better in 2006.

He'll have a good year.

But this situation is just overflowing with meltdown possibilities.

reid don't do his laundry in public. Parcells does. That alone will be worth watching.

and who will Skeletor stick up for? His boy Tuna or TO?

Tyrone Hill signed with the Cowboys?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

Ty is one ugly sumbitch. But he hasn't had face lifts like Jerrah yet.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

From PFT:

QuoteBUYER'S REMORSE IN BIG D?

Based on some of the rumblings we're hearing out of Texas, it sounds like members of the Cowboys front office already are beginning to question the wisdom of signing receiver Terrell Owens.

Between the book deal, which we hear wasn't disclosed to the team before he signed, and the self-aggrandizing (is there any other kind?) rap song on his web site, and the rampant talk in league circles that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was merely bidding against himself for T.O.'s services even though he apparently was led to believe otherwise, there is a concern that maybe, just maybe, Owens is the same guy now than he was a year ago.

Some league insiders are convinced that Owens is no different. "This guy has not changed and will not change," opined one league source.

"He's a star among stars," added the source. "That says it all. This will not work.

"This will cause the demise of Jerry and Bill [Parcells], too."

We'll keep our ears open for more.

And we'll keep eating our popcorn.

BigEd76

Quote from: MURP on March 21, 2006, 02:56:19 PM
enjoy the drama, Cowturds.

QuoteCowboys | Team surprised to hear about Owens' book
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:36:51 -0800

Randy Galloway, of the Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys were surprised to hear about WR Terrell Owens' new book. The book will be released in July, just in time for the opening of training camp.

PFT's take on it (posted before SD's one):

QuoteT.O. BOOK TIMING CURIOUS

So Terrell Owens is going to write a book regarding his tumultuous two seasons with the Eagles.  Should anyone be surprised by this development?

The more intriguing issues to us are the timing of the announcement and the timing of the release date of the book.

It is a coincidence that not a word of this project was breathed publicly until after Owens signed his contract with the Cowboys?  We wonder whether the Owens camp even disclosed to owner Jerry Jones, or to any of Owens' other suitors, the fact that T.O. planned to peddle a written account of his time with the Eagles -- and to launch it just in time to contribute to the three-ring circus that will unfold once training camp starts.

The move was announced by Simon & Schuster on Monday, March 20, two days after Owens joined the Cowboys.  Surely, this project was in the works for months.  Even we got a copy of the press release via e-mail from the publisher.  A list of e-mail addresses that goes deep enough into the media to include us isn't a list that gets slapped together on a Sunday afternoon.

The far more likely explanation is that Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus struck the book deal not long after the T.O. firestorm reached its peak in November 2005, and that Rosenhaus specifically requested (as he should have) that the publisher keep the thing under wraps until he could find a new football home for Owens.

It was a smart business move, to be sure.  But what does it say about whether T.O.'s press conference contrition, or his express desire to put the past in his behind (yeah, it's a Lion King reference), were genuine?

The whole thing further proves that Owens and Rosenhaus duped Jerry Jones -- and we think it will only make coach Bill Parcells more determined to break Owens' recklessly renegade spirit ASAFP.

The book undoubtedly will contain plenty of inflammatory prose and disputable contentions of fact, which will serve only to increase the buzz surrounding the Tuna and his team come training camp.  That's the last thing Parcells is going to want to deal with.

And then there's the rap song from Owens' web site, in which he taunts the Eagles and flaunts his new contract:

"When it comes to this game, I'm the best in the field, some said I was gonna sign just a one-year deal, but I got what I wanted up front, 10 mil, changed the rules of the game, so now how you feel?"

(We wonder whether T.O. realizes he didn't get $10 million "up front," and that the team can cut him before the start of the 2006 season and suffer a total cap charge of only $1.67 million this year?)  ;D

When T.O. told the football world during Saturday's press conference to get the popcorn ready, he was referring to the coming football season.  But we've already got our fists deep into an extra-large bucket, because we're convinced that this one will present plenty of drama long before the games ever start.

Heck, it already is.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

i can see tuna resigning before training camp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

That would be tight.

Then Jerrah would have no no experience HC there and TO would own the guy.

They'd probably name Chris Palmer their interim HC. He blows.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteCowboys | Indoor football league team asked Owens to play
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:22:29 -0800

Larry O'Rourke, of the Morning Call, reports the Lehigh Valley Outlawz of the Great Lakes Indoor Football League offered Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens $25,000 to play one game with them. "We contacted (Owens' agent) Drew Rosenhaus, and said it's a chance for him to come back (to Lehigh University, where the Eagles hold summer camp and where the Outlawz will play). I talked to Rosenhaus himself, and he put me in touch with Robert Bradley, who does (Owens') business deals," said Jim DePaul, owner of the team. When Owens signed with the Cowboys, the offer became moot.

mussa

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Parcells is going to have a heart-attack and die this year in the field.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"