farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

That was the theory at the time.  It turns out Kolb's been more annoying to McNabb than Spencer, but the bar isn't exactly set very high.

paco

QuoteSpencer and his agent, Matthew Millhouse, reportedly tried to bribe the proprietors of the Have A Nice Day Cafe to remain open.  It's unclear whether Millhouse, who is not an NFLPA-certified contract advisor, was arrested as well.

Back in 1999, I went to that club.  To this day I have no idea why its named "Have a Nice Day Cafe"
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Diomedes

Because it rhymes.  Duh.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was there in 1999 too.  Holla.

Feva

They had a "Have a Nice Day Cafe" in Cincinnati when I was in college I used to go to all the time.  Best BJ I ever had in my life came from a girl I met up in that piece.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

henchmanUK

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 12, 2009, 07:50:41 PM
They had a "Have a Nice Day Cafe" in Cincinnati when I was in college I used to go to all the time.  Best BJ I ever had in my life came from a girl I met up in that piece.

Sounds like the Have a Nice Day Cafe passes the trades descriptions test.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteIRVIN TALKS SHOP WITH A GUNMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2009, 8:58 a.m.

Hall of Fame receiver and former ESPN talking head Michael Irvin had a gun pointed at him on Monday night, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Irvin told police he was stopped at a red light when the driver of the vehicle next to him rolled down its window.

So Irvin rolled down his window, and then he saw the passenger of the other car point a gun at him.

And then the guys in the other car realized it was Irvin.

"The passenger pulled out a semiautomatic and I knew what time it was," Irvin said.  "But he said 'Oh, that's Michael Irvin, with the Dallas Cowboys.'

"So we started talking about the Cowboys and everything.  Then they got back on the highway," Irvin said.

"I tell you what, I'm glad he was a Cowboy fan."

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Irvin was probably slingin rock.

shorebird

paco

This made me tight in the pants

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9066540/Fort-Worth-Star-Telegram,-Texas,-Gil-LeBreton-column:-Even-the-Cardinals-have-passed-the-Cowboys-in-postseason-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

QuoteHistory mocks Jerry Jones' Cowboys. Since December of 1996, when the franchise last won a postseason game, the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Rams have played in an NFC Championship Game. So have the Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints.

In all, 13 teams have reached the NFC title game since the 1996 season. The only other two, besides the Cowboys, to not play for the NFC championship in that span are the Washington taterskins and Detroit Lions.

Quick. Answer me this: What do you think of when you think about the taterskins and Lions over the past 12 seasons?

Consistent, successful Football isn't one of them. But the two clubs are linked at the bad-free-agent-signing bone by having an incompetent, mistake-prone front office.

And the Cowboys -- don't fool yourself -- are right there with the taterskins and Lions.

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Tomahawk

A dig at the cowboys and taterskins in the same article=best article ever?

PhillyPhreak54

Dallas to release TO?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3833575

QuoteAt least two sources believe that vice president Stephen Jones will attempt to convince his father that Owens should be finished with the Cowboys. But Jerry Jones just last year invested a $12 million signing bonus in Owens, which means there would be salary-cap fallout. In fact, Jerry Jones has suggested that there might be enough damage that the team would find it difficult to sign NFL sack leader DeMarcus Ware to a new contract.

"I think some of people want to just cut our losses and get rid of all those guys _ TO, Tank, Pacman,'' another Cowboys source said. "But I really think Jerry likes the thrill of trying to make it all work."

The discussions involving Owens have not yet been formally initiated and probably will not occur until the Cowboys are more certain of the composition of their coaching staff.

Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's candidacy for at least two NFL head coaching positions could influence the Owens debate. Garrett met with the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday after interviewing last week with the Detroit Lions.

At the moment, Jones has insisted that Phillips will return, but he might have to reconsider if Garrett secures another opportunity. There are people within the Cowboys organization who do not believe that Garrett would turn down another job unless Jones was willing to promote him to head coach in Dallas and purge Owens from the roster.

QB Eagles

Ed Werder is stirring up trouble again:

QuoteImproving locker room chemistry will be the highest priority for the Dallas Cowboys this offseason and that will force serious discussions between Wade Phillips' coaching staff and owner Jerry Jones about whether to release controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, according to team and league sources.

"I think we all know that chemistry is the problem with this team more than the schemes or anything else,'' a Cowboys source said. "Are we going to continue to allow talent to outweigh everything else in the decisions we make with players and putting the roster together? We're like the taterskins used to be when they signed every player they wanted. There's more to it than talent. It has to be more about the team.''
"The big one [Owens] didn't get discussed yet, but I'm sure it will and real hard.''

The Cowboys released twice-suspended cornerback Pacman Jones last week and Tank Johnson is expected to depart through free agency. Both decisions are at least partly related to the renewed emphasis on creating a different atmosphere in the locker room. The Cowboys began their ill-fated 2008 season with three players on the roster who had been suspended by the league or their previous teams -- Jones, Johnson and Owens.

At least two sources believe that vice president Stephen Jones will attempt to convince his father that Owens should be finished with the Cowboys. But Jerry Jones just last year invested a $12 million signing bonus in Owens, which means there would be salary-cap fallout. In fact, Jerry Jones has suggested that there might be enough damage that the team would find it difficult to sign NFL sack leader DeMarcus Ware to a new contract.

"I think some of people want to just cut our losses and get rid of all those guys _ TO, Tank, Pacman,'' another Cowboys source said. "But I really think Jerry likes the thrill of trying to make it all work."

The discussions involving Owens have not yet been formally initiated and probably will not occur until the Cowboys are more certain of the composition of their coaching staff.

Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's candidacy for at least two NFL head coaching positions could influence the Owens debate. Garrett met with the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday after interviewing last week with the Detroit Lions.

At the moment, Jones has insisted that Phillips will return, but he might have to reconsider if Garrett secures another opportunity. There are people within the Cowboys organization who do not believe that Garrett would turn down another job unless Jones was willing to promote him to head coach in Dallas and purge Owens from the roster.

Not only does Owens have relationship issues with quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, but the controversial receiver consistently criticized Garrett's play calling and his offensive schemes to the point that sources say the offensive coordinator does not believe they can co-exist.

The potential of the Cowboys losing Garrett to another team could accelerate the timetable for a decision about Owens. They had expected not to face a deadline until his $3 million roster bonus is due June 3. But that changes if Garrett finds himself in a position to leave the Cowboys and makes Owens' departure a condition of his remaining.

"I think Jerry would have to think about it, but I believe he'd let Jason leave,'' said one team source, believing Jones would prefer to be relieved of his remaining $6 million obligation to Garrett.
Regardless, Owens could still be jettisoned. His detractors can argue their belief that that Owens, 35, is a poor route runner with inconsistent hands and generally a descending player who seldom accepts responsibility for his own shortcomings. There is fear internally that he will become more volatile if his performance continues to deteriorate -- and that he may feel more empowered if he perceives that his presence forced Garrett to depart.

Of particular concern is the apparent negative influence Owens has had on teammates such as Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton and even running back Marion Barber.

"You have to be worried about his influence over there, and I think we'd get some of those players back over to our side if he was gone,'' another source said. "I think we have to decide how detrimental he is to Witten and Romo.''

While Garrett's offensive productivity plunged and quarterback Romo appeared to regress in his second full season as the starting quarterback, Jerry Jones apparently still covets his young offensive coordinator. The perception within the Cowboys coaching and executive offices is that the team's demise was more the result of poor locker room chemistry and a serious leadership void than it was a failure of Garrett's system.
It was Jones who personally returned Garrett to the Cowboys organization with the expectation the he would eventually become the next head coach of the franchise. When Garrett was offered head-coaching positions with the Ravens and Falcons exactly a year ago, Jones persuaded him to remain with the Cowboys by making him the highest-paid assistant coach in football. Jones was fiercely determined to have Garrett develop Romo, maintain offensive continuity and even mentioned his view of the team's future with Garrrett as head coach in the new $1 billion stadium, which the team opens next season.

Edit: Dammit Phreak...