farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

QuoteREPORT: TERRY GLENN OUT FOR SEASON by Michael David Smith

Yesterday the Dallas Cowboys' official web site had two conflicting reports about the health of wide receiver Terry Glenn. Today the report that owner/G.M. Jerry Jones said that Glenn would miss the entire season has been taken off the web site, while the report that Glenn's absence will be two weeks and possibly more is still there.

So does that mean the "out for the season" report was wrong and the "two weeks" report was right? Not according to Matt Mosley of the ESPN Hashmarks blog, who says Glenn will miss the year.

"Late Thursday night, a member of the organization told me Glenn was indeed finished for the season," Mosley writes, "but that the Cowboys decided (a little too late) to hold off on making the announcement."

Losing Glenn, who had surgery last month to have a cyst removed from his knee, would be a tough break for the Cowboys, who would likely move Patrick Crayton into the starting lineup across the field from Terrell Owens.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

It's either there or Cinci.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Patrick Crayton drops a simple sure TD, then the Bears block the field goal and run it back to midfield. :-D

SunMo

i never realized that Wade Phillips is such a clown on the sidelines...are you are a cheerleader or the farging head coach?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

farg to and witten. they are killing me in fantasy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Phanatic

the Cowgirls are for real this year. At least as real as an NFC team can be.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

TexasEagle

Quote from: Phanatic on September 23, 2007, 11:11:14 PM

I don't given any NFC team a chance against the top AFC teams (Steelers, Colts, Patriots). Any of them would demolish the best NFC team.

TexasEagle

Oh, and Chicago is WAY overrated and has no offense.

Edit: And Rex Grossman has NO BUSINESS being a starter int he NFL. Dumbest decision Lovie Smith made was bringing that clown back for another season. They lucked out last year with him, this year the luck ran out.

Feva

Listen... words can't express how much I hate the Cowboys, but I have to say that Marion Barber is a farging beast.  He's all but put Julius Jones on the bench by severely outplaying him for the last 2 years.

He leads the league among RB's with 6 TD's so far (which my fantasy team damn sure appreciates)... and he's scored at least 1 TD in something like 14 out of his last 18 games.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 24, 2007, 09:04:51 AM
Listen... words can't express how much I hate the Cowboys, but I have to say that Marion Barber is a farging beast.  He's all but put Julius Jones on the bench by severely outplaying him for the last 2 years.

He leads the league among RB's with 6 TD's so far (which my fantasy team damn sure appreciates)... and he's scored at least 1 TD in something like 14 out of his last 18 games.

Agreed.  He's boss.

Cerevant

Quote from: TexasEagle on September 23, 2007, 11:23:40 PM
Edit: And Rex Grossman has NO BUSINESS being a starter int he NFL. Dumbest decision Lovie Smith made was bringing that clown back for another season. They lucked out last year with him, this year the luck ran out.

Racist.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Stallworth Supporter

Marion Barber = Fantasy Stud!

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Phanatic on September 23, 2007, 11:11:14 PM

They were for real last year until they ran into the Eagles' buzz saw. Nothing will change this year.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.