farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Somewhere in Kentucky I hope Buddy hears this and picks up his phone to tell his boy that the Cowboys are the devil. Although it would be excellent if son does to Jerry what pop did to Gilbride. Jerrah meddling on the sidelines is fun to watch.

As for the coach search - I believe Jerrah wants a no name so he can meddle more. I read a recap of an interview he did on Dallas radio where he said he wanted to go back to doing things the way he did before.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

QuotePosted on Sat, Jan. 27, 2007
Cowboys talk to Phillips about top job

Daily News Wire Services

San Diego defensive coordinator Wade Phillips interviewed yesterday with the Dallas Cowboys about replacing retired head coach Bill Parcells.

Phillips, the former head coach at Denver and Buffalo who also had interim stints in New Orleans and Atlanta, said he had a "very encompassing talk" with Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones. Phillips has a 48-39 coaching record.

Jones also plans to talk to San Francisco offensive coordinator Norv Turner, a former head coach for Washington and Oakland, and New Orleans defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs. Both are former Dallas assistants.

Gibbs was scheduled to interview today. Turner is coaching at the Senior Bowl today, and his interview will be later.

On Thursday, the Cowboys added Jason Garrett to their coaching staff in an unspecified role, but said he would remain a candidate for the top job.

Turner was the Cowboys' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 1991 to '93, when they won consecutive Super Bowls. Turner had a 58-82-1 record as head coach in Washington (1994-00) and Oakland (2004-05). Gibbs was head coach at Oklahoma for six seasons after replacing Barry Switzer in 1989.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I guess Jerrah got tired of "sharing" power with his head coach. 

Wade Phillips = jellyfish.

BlueHeart

Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

answer:  Larry Allen + Bleach. 

MDS

I need some new underwear.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

The Cowboys lost another coach as Chris Palmer joined the Giants....same position (QB coach)

MDS

BlueHeart

I didn't see this anywhere posted, so, I apologize if it's already been posted, but, it's f'n hysterical and needs to be shared.  :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWVEU9hx18

Once the song kicked in I was literally doubled over laughing. This guy's a genius.

Then again, I am easily amused...  :=)
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

MDS

It was pretty funny. I'd give it a grammy.

phattymatty

Wade Phillips interview transcript:

QuoteJones: Ooooh, look at you! You're the fattest thing I've ever seen! You'd be way more fun to push around than Turner!

Wade: Stop poking me.

Jones: C'mon, tubby! Dance like a fat man!

Wade: Maybe this was a bad idea.

Jones: Get on your knees! I'm gonna ride around on you like a big fat pony!

Wade: Oh, all right.

Jones: Now say, "I love bacon!"

Wade: I love bacon.

Jones: No! Say it like a fatty! You fatty fat fat fat!

Wade: I love bacon!

Jones: Who's a fatty boombalatty? Is it you?

Wade: I guess.

Jones: Tee hee hee! You're so fat! Now smush your titties together and lick 'em!

Wade: shtein. I could've stayed in La Jolla.

Jones: I will never get tired of this!

Father Demon

Quote from: BlueHeart on January 31, 2007, 09:06:43 PM
I didn't see this anywhere posted, so, I apologize if it's already been posted, but, it's f'n hysterical and needs to be shared.  :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWVEU9hx18

Once the song kicked in I was literally doubled over laughing. This guy's a genius.

Then again, I am easily amused...  :=)

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Cass County Music, Red Cloud Music
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.