farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 12, 2006, 03:54:38 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on October 12, 2006, 03:43:37 PM
Nah, the comments had to be from within the past day or two because it was in the Cowboys locker room.  He was in front of his own locker.

Then they talked to Parcells for reaction, who said something to the effect that he was targeted 13 times... can't try much harder than that to get the ball to him.

As T.O. said, how many of those balls were even catchable? I'd say six.

If TO has 25 million reasons to want to be alive then he also has 25 million reasons to catch every ball thrown in his direction......and  3 that are thrown to the opposite side of the field. 

SD_Eagle5

To be honest I think he's lost a step, he hasn't gotten good speration in the 3 games I've seen him in this season. When he was here sometimes he was so wide open it was ridiculous. I know its a new offense he's learning and he had that bullshtein hamstring during training camp but he's clearly healthy now and he just doesn't have the burst he used too.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteT.O.'s tardiness leads to argument with coach

Owens, Haley clashed after WR was late to Wednesday's practice

02:45 PM CDT on Friday, October 13, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – There might be a reason behind Bill Parcells' decision to not talk about Terrell Owens the last two days.

According to multiple sources, Owens was late to Wednesday's practice, leading to a heated discussion with passing game coordinator Todd Haley. On Thursday, however, Owens and Haley met and squashed the issue.

Owens was not available for comment. The incident is not expected to affect Owens' playing status for Sunday's game against Houston.

During his media availability on Wednesday, Owens expressed frustration with how he was being used in the offense, which has contributed to his 17-catch, 232-yard, one-touchdown start to the season.

During Sunday's game at Philadelphia, Owens, who was held to three catches for 45 yards in his return, was seen mouthing, "Why am I here?" and, "Are you kidding me?" and had several animated discussions with Haley.

On Wednesday, Owens again questioned why he was with the Cowboys.

When asked Wednesday why he thought he was not involved more, Owens said, "I don't know. I honestly couldn't tell you. All I know is, dude, I practice hard every day. The guys know that. When I'm on the football field on Sundays, I try my best to do whatever I can to help win games. For whatever reason, that's not happening."

This is the second off-field issue involving Owens and practice. He missed a team meeting and rehab session on Aug. 25, resulting in a $9,500 fine.

Since signing a three-year, $25 million deal with the Cowboys that included a $5 million signing bonus, Owens' time with the team has not gone smoothly. He missed 21 practices during training camp with a hamstring injury, broke his right hand Sept. 17 vs. Washington and suffered an accidental overdose on painkillers on Sept. 27.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

I honestly didn't expect it all to blow up so soon.

BigEd76

Ed Werder's version

QuoteThe incident ended with both yelling, shouting, "Don't disrespect me like that."

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 13, 2006, 05:41:56 PM
Ed Werder's version

QuoteThe incident ended with both yelling, shouting, "Don't disrespect me like that."

RESPEK
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Zanshin

lol...glad he learned.  No more of that nonsense like last year; good to see how people can grow.

PhillyPhreak54

How long until we see Owens on ESPN telling the world that his last name isn't Haley and he's not one of Todd's kids?

Countdown on ESPN will be good this week. Irvin went off last week and TJ keeps prodding him with the cattle prod. I can't wait to hear Mike's defense of TO this week.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Drunkmasterflex

I love this.  It would be great if they just continue to implode.  That team is extremely talented, but Jerrah just had to bring in TO.  About the only thing better that could happen that would be better would be the Cowboys crashing into a building. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyGirl

QuoteOWENS WON'T TALK TO HALEY

Although some Cowboys fans are trying to downplay reports of the Wednesday blowup between receiver Terrell Owens and receivers coach Todd Haley by pointing out that arguments between players and coaches are common, T.O. took the thing a step farther by using his weekly radio hour with his newest enabler, Dan LeBa(s)tard, to piss and moan about the situation.

Owens said during his Friday night appearance on 790 The Ticket in Miami that "there will be nothing else, no dialogue" between him and Haley.

"There will be no more friendly nothing because I don't trust anybody like that," Owens said. "I will go out and practice hard. I will respect him as a coach, and he should respect me as a player.  Anything outside of that I am not going to be able to deal with.  Right now, we are merely co-workers, and that's it."

According to Owens, the problem started when he showed up late to the practice field on Wednesday because he had some sort of a stomach problem.  "By the time I step on the field, Todd starts cursing at me, this and that, and I'm like, 'Dude, I was in the restroom,"' Owens said. "He said, 'I don't [care] what you were doing.  Everybody else is out here.'"

Later, they got into an argument during a meeting.  "I was venting, he was venting," Owens said.  "I felt it stayed behind closed doors."

And that seems to be Owens' biggest beef with the situation -- his assumption that ESPN's Ed Werder got his information about the incident from Haley.  Even if it was Haley who blabbed (and not, for example, someone who overheard the two men shouting at each other), isn't it a little odd that Owens would get on his high horse because he thinks his position coach told someone that Owens yelled at him?

One thing that the modern player seems to have forgotten is that coaches and players aren't equals in the overall hierarchy of a team.  The coaches, even when earning a fraction of the "reasons to live" that the player is paid, are still entitled to respect and, more importantly, deference from the players on the team.

So when Owens shows up late, Haley has the right to give him grief about it.  Especially since Haley is sure to catch hell from his boss, Bill Parcells, about the fact that Haley doesn't have his guys on the field on time.  And it's Owens' job in those circumstances to take the heat and move on.

Instead, it's another explanation ("I had to poopy") coupled with a failure to accept responsibility for his actions ("I was frustrated") and blame hurled at another ("Haley told someone else that I yelled at him").  It's the same tired formula that Owens applies whenever he finds himself in some type of controversy.

And he always caps off the process by talking about the whole thing somewhere, somehow.

Our current assessent of the situation is that Owens is making himself look like a bigger fool every time he opens his mouth, and the Cowboys' failure to take any action about it is in turn making owner Jerry Jones and coach Bill Parcells look like complete and total nincompoops, too.

This is from PFT. I feel the same exact way that Jerrah and Tuna look like dipshteins because the ONE THING that EVERYONE said is that Parcells could keep TO in line. That Reid was a farging softie and that Tuna would lay the hammer down.

Right.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen