Phillies season 11

Started by MURP, October 01, 2005, 10:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

MDS

Phillies can hold on to this score, they can rest up Wagner and Urbina for tommorrow. Just what we needed.

Cubs have had some late magic the two days before, hopefully we can see it again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Final
Houston Astros: 3
Chicago Cubs: 1

MDS

Greg Maddux will get many a dollar if he pitches good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Phils win 8-4 and Charlie used Madson, Fultz, Urbina AND Wagner in 2 innings... :boom

Looks like tomorrow's game is on ESPN2 for the out-of-the-area people...

MDS

Tickets for possible one game playoff will be regular season prices. Game will either be at 4 or at 7/8, depending what Red Sox do. I think they'll win tommorrow, making the Phillies/Astros game the only game that day, so it would be at night.

MURP

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 01, 2005, 11:04:30 AM
A new thread with two games to go?

Ummm... okay.

:-D

what rome, you dont think the PHillies are gonna win the world series!!! you bastich! !#@%*@&%@ 

Don Ho

I just heard Burrell took strike three looking - again - with the bases loaded and no outs in the first.  :boom Howard comes up and hits a three run double.  What ever happens from here on in Burrell must go.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Don Ho on October 01, 2005, 10:40:58 PM
I just heard Burrell took strike three looking - again - with the bases loaded and no outs in the first.  :boom Howard comes up and hits a three run double.  What ever happens from here on in Burrell must go.

Burrell leads the team in RBIs.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Burrell was been good. Just this past couple of weeks he's been striking out like 3 times a game.

Hey, they are in it during the last day of the season. Thats better than anything Bowa did, and the best since 93. I think I'm gonna go to the Astros game if it comes down to that. Should be a really hectic sunday. Baseball, football all at the same time. But thats why god invented the remote.

PhillyPhreak54

He has been good this year...but his taking called 3rd strikes in clutch situations lately are really pissing me the hell off.

Yo Pat...put the farging ball in play, pansy!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE beat the Azzholes, Maddux.

ice grillin you

I just heard Burrell took strike three looking - again - with the bases loaded and no outs in the first.   Howard comes up and hits a three run double.  What ever happens from here on in Burrell must go

i agree...hes a dog...he makes it hard to even watch the team play...sickening is what he is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Well, it all comes down to this.  I can say that for the first time in recent memory, I'll be more focused on what the Phillies do on a Sunday in autumn than what the Eagles do.

If the Astros win, so be it, but I'd really like to see the Phillies take this last game.  They have their best starter out there with all the chips in the center of the table.

Just win it, dammit.

:-\

hunt

you'd think the team with the 2nd highest payroll in the NL would at least make the playoffs.
what a sham. :boo
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

Quote from: mhunt on October 02, 2005, 08:21:01 AM
you'd think the team with the 2nd highest payroll in the NL would at least make the playoffs.
what a sham. :boo